Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamel Herring taking shots at Al Haymon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Longtime PBC fighter signed with Top Rank a couple months ago posted this on twitter at the same time rumors swirl of Mikey Garcia signing with Dana White.

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Anyone remembering Herring's name here? I'd be curious to some of the sh^t he's said.
    I found it. He ain’t talking about Haymon

Originally posted by Cashtro View Post
    Nope that’s not true either, especially considering my contract ended in December. There’s no bad blood with Al Or animosity. Just wanted change.

Comment

Say it with me....HAYMON IS NOT A PROMOTER.

If anything I'd assume this to be about whoever Herring's "sham promoter" to be. DiBella? Tom Brown? Ellerbe? Idk who effed with him.
      he can call himself a snake charmer if he wants to, but that doesnt change the facts.

The person who takes the financial risk and controls the event revenue is the PROMOTER.

FYI, Dibella has no financial risk in the event, and does not control the event revenue or set purses. He is merely a site coordinator when it comes to the PBC shows.

plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        he can call himself a snake charmer if he wants to, but that doesnt change the facts.

The person who takes the financial risk and controls the event revenue is the PROMOTER.

FYI, Dibella has no financial risk in the event, and does not control the event revenue or set purses. He is merely a site coordinator when it comes to the PBC shows.

plain and simple.
        So then HBO is a promoter to then. Cuz the fees paid to the promoter of HBO cards often insures the promoter is taking no risk as well.

All in all this is a old debate & a promoter has certain duties that Haymon & HBO just don't do thus you might can argue they are defacto promoters, but they aren't real promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          Longtime PBC fighter signed with Top Rank a couple months ago posted this on twitter at the same time rumors swirl of Mikey Garcia signing with Dana White.

He lost in the two biggest fights and opportunities that were presented to him. One of those was a mandatory challenger position. The other one being a loss to a relatively green and unknown prospect...

If given the opportunity you come up short and fail...TWICE. What blame could you possible pin on your promoter or manager? He was the favorite in both fights, and lost CLEARLY both times. Who's fault is that other than his own?

Comment

I don't know al haymon obviously but the part about him not picking up his phone is the only part seems like it may not apply (but I don't know the guy so this is just an assumption based on how elusive he is). Other than that hes not a promoter so don't know how this is a jab at him. but it could be idk

Comment

So then HBO is a promoter to then. Cuz the fees paid to the promoter of HBO cards often insures the promoter is taking no risk as well.

All in all this is a old debate & a promoter has certain duties that Haymon & HBO just don't do thus you might can argue they are defacto promoters, but they aren't real promoters.
              There are some people that make that argument, because HBO does in fact sign exclusive contracts, and does have opponent approval in most cases.

The big difference for me is that HBO is simply buying content for their subscribers. They have nothing to do with ticket sales, and dont earn a profit (or suffer a loss) from their standard shows.

The gray area is on PPV events when they have given the promoters a guaranteed number of buys, and also are taking a small percentage of the total buys. That starts to blur the line between a simple content buyer and an actual promoter with a stake in the event.

Its not an unreasonable position to think of HBO as a promoter.
              Last edited by OnePunch; 05-03-2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                Jamel actually posts here. He did a few months ago I’d gave to search to find his username again.
                Cashtro.

But I don't know if he still posts here. Last I saw him was on the thread where people were criticizing his record.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  Cashtro.

But I don't know if he still posts here. Last I saw him was on the thread where people were criticizing his record.
                  Of course they were.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                    Of course they were.
                    He's not a bad dude and he's still trying to find his groove.

Originally posted by Cashtro View Post
                    Yep, I'm a fan first so I usually check in to see what else is going on in the boxing world.

Comment

Al Haymon poached some good boxers but I don't think they build stars up to be super stars like TR, GBP and Matchroom have.

For example Wilder should be a superstar... Yes GBP had him I believe but at this point in 2018, they would have done a better job I feel.

The other side is, Al is a 'Advisor' type promoter so perhaps it's harder for him also.

Comment

Working...
                      X