No announcement yet.

The Nail Got Hammered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kushking View Post
    Exactly! Beterbieve was going to get robbed if it went to cards. No surprise that espn had a fight that was completely fixed in favor of Teddy Atlas fighter.

Gvozdyke got kd early & Atlas started crying to the commissioner & got him to overrule the ref(which is fine had it stopped there) but instead the cowardly ref proceeded to rule the next several kds as slips erroneously just because he had already been overruled? Bottom line is the ref is complete shyte,that fight should've been stopped way sooner once Gvozdyke started trying to quit constantly,but the ref just kept making him take needless punishment,Atlas is as usual a hypocrite btch for not stopping the fight when his fighter was being battered.

(I can't believe the ref had to stop it & so late when it should've been Atlas throwing the towel) after several fighters have died,it was unnecessary imho.

The knockdowns were not knockdowns
    I think the only bullchit with the ref was he never let them fight on the inside
    That’s where Beterbiev would of destroyed him quick and easily
    And like I said they were acting to cautiously
    Ramsay should of picked it up and let the beast do what he does best

Comment

Originally posted by 'b' View Post
      ????

I think the question is what did Beterbiev only fans expect? Gvozdyk did what I expected early, which was constantly move and outbox Beterbiev at range, hit him with hard shots to the head and body. Gvozdyk looked a million bucks, it's just that Beterbiev was too strong and can take a punch.

Every single fight that happens the winner was dominant and the loser sucks, but that isn't the case. Gvozdyk looked as good as ever but Beterbiev weathered the storm and broke Gvozdyk down. It was a great fight

Did you see how many hard rights Beterbiev took? A lesser fighter would have been stopped, the fight could have went either way as far as I was concerned before the fight but Beterbiev showed he was much tougher than what most people would predict
      Beterbiev executed his long term game plan.

The superior fighter ends up taking control later in the fight, which is what happened. Beterbiev is the superior fighter, and a rematch would be one sided in his favor.

Gvozdyk has skills and that won him rounds, but Beterbiev never looked unsure of himself at any point in the fight. He knew what he had to do, what he was going to do, then he did it, and got the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post

The superior fighter ends up taking control later in the fight, which is what happened. Beterbiev is the superior fighter, and a rematch would be one sided in his favor.

Gvozdyk has skills and that won him rounds, but Beterbiev never looked unsure of himself at any point in the fight. He knew what he had to do, what he was going to do, then he did it, and got the job done.
        What did you think about the "incidents" ruled as slips? Should Atlas have thrown in the towel rather than letting Gvozdyke take so much punishment late in the fight including a body shot that made him literally stop mid fight to take a break & wince? I think Atlas might've ruined his fighter by not stopping it,& now he won't be the same from here on because he took a ton of shots late?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
          Excellent points, man! Great post!

Especially about every time a fight ends, one guy's great or sometimes just good and the other guy's a bum. Nonsense. Both guys fought a great fight tonight. Beterbiev pulled ahead and won. That's great for him but it's great for both fighters and for boxing. The more of these fights we see, the better. My hat's off to both warriors!
          Amen to that, respect to both guys. (Honestly Gvozdyk is always entertaining, I'm an Usyk fan but his fights can be boring sometimes).

Originally posted by lolpz View Post

Yes the better fighter won, Beterbiev never looked worried and I honeastly didn't think he'd take that much punishment from Gvozdyk, but he did. I think that's part of the reason Gvozdyk 'gave up'. Sure, he was dead tired after giving it his all, but he knew he had nothing left for the unrelenting Beterbiev.

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          As a Beterbiev fan , I was disappointed he wasn’t himself
          I think they showed way to much respect to Gvozdyk
          And pretty damn sure that was Ramsay’s plan
          He should of went in there and mauled him
          This fight should of been over by the 6th round
          Nah I just think Gvozdyk didn't give him much room to work at all in the early rounds, which is what I was expecting. When you have a big guy who fights at range with high volume and power, you kind of have to whether the storm and pick your shots before he hopefully tires. I honestly thought Gvozdyk was putting too much power into a lot of his shots, a more measured approach like what Usyk used against Gassiev and he could have lasted longer imo.

All in all, I was excited for Beterbiev to win because if Kovalev beats Canelo (please), we finally can see those two go at it which is what I've been waiting for, for years now. Beterbiev stops Kovalev early.

Comment

Originally posted by 'b' View Post
            Amen to that, respect to both guys. (Honestly Gvozdyk is always entertaining, I'm an Usyk fan but his fights can be boring sometimes).

Yes the better fighter won, Beterbiev never looked worried and I honeastly didn't think he'd take that much punishment from Gvozdyk, but he did. I think that's part of the reason Gvozdyk 'gave up'. Sure, he was dead tired after giving it his all, but he knew he had nothing left for the unrelenting Beterbiev.

Nah I just think Gvozdyk didn't give him much room to work at all in the early rounds, which is what I was expecting. When you have a big guy who fights at range with high volume and power, you kind of have to whether the storm and pick your shots before he hopefully tires. I honestly thought Gvozdyk was putting too much power into a lot of his shots, a more measured approach like what Usyk used against Gassiev and he could have lasted longer imo.

All in all, I was excited for Beterbiev to win because if Kovalev beats Canelo (please), we finally can see those two go at it which is what I've been waiting for, for years now. Beterbiev stops Kovalev early.
            I kid you not but that wasn’t Beterbiev
            He’ll take 5 shots to get on the inside
            His inside game is incredible and plus that power
            He should of mauled him
            As I said before the fight ( wishful thinking )
            I wish that he would of been knocked down or hurt
            Every time that happens it triggers him and then you see savage
            Showed to much respect
            He could of gotten him out very early by doing his bull rushing

Comment

As a Beterbiev fan , I was disappointed he wasn’t himself
              I think they showed way to much respect to Gvozdyk
              And pretty damn sure that was Ramsay’s plan
              He should of went in there and mauled him
              This fight should of been over by the 6th round
              The ref didn't let him fight inside... I wonder what this ref would have done if he had Ward in the ring...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                The ref didn't let him fight inside... I wonder what this ref would have done if he had Ward in the ring...
                Damn right
                And that is a big part of his game
                I’ve never seen Beterbiev swing wildly like tonight
                Usually very accurate and precise

Comment

This fights shows that sometimes a fighter with worse resume is better than he is getting a credit. I expect that to be a tough fight, but i favoured Gvozdyk.

Hint: they say Crawford has "bad" resume as well..

Comment

I kid you not but that wasn’t Beterbiev
                    He’ll take 5 shots to get on the inside
                    His inside game is incredible and plus that power
                    He should of mauled him
                    As I said before the fight ( wishful thinking )
                    I wish that he would of been knocked down or hurt
                    Every time that happens it triggers him and then you see savage
                    Showed to much respect
                    He could of gotten him out very early by doing his bull rushing
                    Yeah every time he looked to be "hurt" or affected by a good shot by Gvozdyk he was like a cool calm collected wounded animal. Not giving up ground and stalking forward, intently and intelligently. I thought it showed great focus to not bullrush him, and he was having success out jabbing the boxer too. I was kind of surprised he didn't pump that jab more it looked really strong and effective from the opening bell. But like the other fellow said once Oleksandr realized Artur could take his best shot and then some it was very demoralizing for him.

Comment

Originally posted by dot.c.eh View Post
                      Yeah every time he looked to be "hurt" or affected by a good shot by Gvozdyk he was like a cool calm collected wounded animal. Not giving up ground and stalking forward, intently and intelligently. I thought it showed great focus to not bullrush him, and he was having success out jabbing the boxer too. I was kind of surprised he didn't pump that jab more it looked really strong and effective from the opening bell. But like the other fellow said once Oleksandr realized Artur could take his best shot and then some it was very demoralizing for him.
                      Oh without a doubt
                      Don’t know anybody that wouldn’t be fughin demoralized by someone taking your best shot and still coming forward
                      That’s when I would get the fughin bat out , make it even lol
                      Kind of like what I would do to the English professor punchy spunky
                      Anyway , we had spoken before the fight and I told you , Artur is a fughin beast , literally
                      The guy is a sound boxer ( great amateur career )
                      Beat Tavoris Cloud when he was still a threat in only his fifth or seventh fight
                      Much more to see from him , mark my words

Comment

Working...
                      X