• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins-De La Hoya: tranny was too small for the snaggle toothed convict

Calzaghe-Hopkins: old man outworked even older man by "landing" more slaps

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      LOL

He threw in Pacmans greatest victory in there as most overrated wins. That is not an overrated win, seriously that is one of the biggest upsets at the time. Barrera was making up excuses and HBO was as well just in case Pac upset him or he performed less than stellar. Pacman was a huge underdog a no namer, and he destroyed Barrera literally he was a buzzsaw he beat a Barrera who was dominating featherweight and whooped Naz was already secured as a future hall of famer.
      As good a win as Pac had vs Barrera, it wasnt a huge deal.

I had seen Pac before and wasnt sure how Barrera would deal with the relative freshness, size and power of Pac..turns out he couldnt. It could very well be Pac's best win, but to me personally it wasnt shocking and reminds me of (..uhh...no disrespect to Pac or Barrera) Juanma Lopez and Salido. Juanma was a significant favorite but he shouldnt have been. Hell, I think they fought the same night as Berto and Ortiz which AlSO favored Berto quite heavily if I recall. I made money off both fights they were no brainers. Odds dont always tell the whole story if you follow the sport fairly closely.

Pacquiao was an animal and I was convinced Barrera wasnt in for an easy fight after the Lucero fight. Pacquiao has that something about him

I'm also of the mind that even if Barrera was "younger" (as some like to say) he would never beat Pac.. Ever.
      Last edited by NearHypnos; 03-13-2014, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        As good a win as Pac had vs Barrera, it wasnt a huge deal.

I had seen Pac before and wasnt sure how Barrera would deal with the relative freshness, size and power of Pac..turns out he couldnt. It could very well be Pac's best win, but to me personally it wasnt shocking and reminds me of (..uhh...no disrespect to Pac or Barrera) Juanma Lopez and Salido. Juanma was a significant favorite but he shouldnt have been. Hell, I think they fought the same night as Berto and Ortiz which AlSO favored Berto quite heavily if I recall. I made money off both fights they were no brainers. Odds dont always tell the whole story if you follow the sport fairly closely.

Pacquiao was an animal and I was convinced Barrera wasnt in for an easy fight after the Lucero fight. Pacquiao has that something about him

I'm also of the mind that even if Barrera was "younger" (as some like to say) he would never beat Pac.. Ever.
        In your opinion what is his best win?

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          In your opinion what is his best win?
          Its hard to say for me. On one hand I think highly of Barrera and think he was in a better spot in his career than Morales was but Morales showed in the first fight he stylistically was better for pac.... But then Morales had that Raheem fight...

I dunno, I like the first Morales win more but only from a competitive standpoint. Barrera was impressive it just didnt shock me. I think the Cotto win was impressive too though even if Cotto has never seemed the same after Marg but due to it being relatively uncharted territory for him fighting a top 5 ww was impressive. That really surprised me. I expected more from Cotto but pac just beat him down.

So to me it might be somethin' like Morales - Cotto - Barrera in any order really...

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Wadd View Post
            Hopkins-De La Hoya: tranny was too small for the snaggle toothed convict

Calzaghe-Hopkins: old man outworked even older man by "landing" more slaps
            JC sure did throw more slaps, but landed more?? Well I guess of all he did was throw laps then he had to have landed more of them right??

Comment

You can find a flaw in every fighter to degrade a victory

Comment

Working...
              X