Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler: Ward Has No Guts, I'll Fight Him in The U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kessler: Ward Has No Guts, I'll Fight Him in The U.S.

The winner of the upcoming fight for the WBA "regular" super middleweight belt between Brian Magee and Mikkel Kessler, is set to become the mandatory challenger to WBA super champion Andre Ward. If Denmark's Kessler (45-2, 34KOs) gets the shot, he is certain Ward won't be leaving the United States.

[Click Here To Read More]

If kessler had any guts he'd fight Froch in England. kessler is a punk.

Comment

Kessler is lame. If he wants to fight then do that but if not then stfu.

Comment

Ward is very much in the driver's seat right now. And even though his resume is impressive and he appears to be the heir apperant to the P4P throne, his unwillingness to fight outside of America in the Super Six and only agreeing to fight Dawson if the light heavy champ drained himself and agreed to fight in Ward's backyard just doesn't smell right to me.

Comment

Originally posted by grape drink View Post
          That fight will happen next year hopefully. Froch is tied up for a bit though.

Comment

Ward needs to have hometown advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by grape drink View Post
              ^^^^ A guy saying that Kessler is ducking Froch so he can fight Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                only agreeing to fight Dawson if the light heavy champ drained himself and agreed to fight in Ward's backyard just doesn't smell right to me.
                Those were things Chad Dawson said openly he'd be willing to do, and offered to Ward. Ward didn't fight him "only" if he agreed. But, if you view it that way, so be it.

Boxing outside of Oakland didn't seem to impact Ward all that much when he beat Carl Froch in AC... just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
                  Ward needs to have hometown advantage.
                  So did Ward need the hometown when he won gold at the olympics in Greece? You think for one minute that Kessler doesn't want to fight in his own backyard-get real-EVERY fighter wants the luxury of not having to travel.

At the end of the day,these fighters do not forget to fight just because they are fighting somewhere else.Kessler turned down a rematch with Ward a while back and Froch has said he wasn't interested in rematching Ward until just recently....both Kessler and Froch are proud guys and it is that kind of pride that would allow themselves to get their azzes kicked if they fight Ward again.

Comment

I don't even want to see a Kessler and Ward or a Kessler and Froch rematch- neither fight was competitive and both guys looked very ordinary against Ward.

People are forgetting that Ward fought Kessler when he was inexperienced at the top level of his pro career and Kessler was the big favourite by most to win the Super 6. Since then,you can tell that Ward has developed further in his craft while Kessler has slipped badly. I wouldn't be surprised if Kessler got stopped in a rematch...
                    Last edited by damned1974; 11-15-2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X