Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone explain how Ortiz will beat Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone explain how Ortiz will beat Mayweather?

The same guy that quit against Maidana..?

Maidana isn't as good as Mayweather. Mayweather, doesn't hit as hard as Mayweather. Different fighters. All there is to it.

Regardless, you beat someone the way you beat anyone Being better on the night. Night in life. Not in legacy. Not in anything other than the moment. A decent jab, body attack and in and out movement. Get Mayweather to respect his shots and start to tag him early. Don't be timid, but don't be reckless.

Easier said than done, but that's the way it works.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSun View Post
      Are you an idiot. Duran quit against Leonard and then beat Davey Moore like he stole something from him. Quitting in a fight 2 years ago has nothing to do with how he will fight against floyd.

Ortiz can win if he catches floyd with a very hard punch and puts him to sleep. He needs to remeber not to throw wide punches and stay away from traps.

I don't think he can win by UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        Ortiz can win if he catches floyd with a very hard punch and puts him to sleep. He needs to remeber not to throw wide punches and stay away from traps.

Right, just like how Ortiz put the over-rated Bum Berto to sleep right? Mayweather is the best Defensive fighter today. You really think Ortiz will land? Mayweather will be countering this mofo all night to a UD

Comment

The only way he will beat him is if floyd gets overly aggressive before felling out ortiz....that wont happen . Floyd is too smart and know how to use his abilties....which are second to none, and win, no matter what the haters say

Comment

Right, just like how Ortiz put the over-rated Bum Berto to sleep right? Mayweather is the best Defensive fighter today. You really think Ortiz will land? Mayweather will be countering this mofo all night to a UD
            Ortiz will be the underdog because he is facing the best professional boxer in the world. Ortiz is better at 147 than 140. He isn't one of the 20 best fighters in the world but he is the best ww other than floyd and manny.

Comment

i don't think he is the same guy.....especially not at 147. Does anyone think Maidana would beat Ortiz in a rematch at 147?? I don't think so. Bottom line is that right now Ortiz is the number 2 WW, and a Manny fight isn't viable atm for whatever reason you prefer to believe.....

Comment

but to stick to your question:

1. First and foremost Floyd will have had to decline further physically from the SSM fight in terms of speed and reflexes.

2. Ortiz must improve from the Berto performance. He and his trainer said it was 70% of what they think they can get to. Ortiz needs to find the other 30% against Floyd.

3. Ortiz has to find a way to impose his strength and size. This may mean going after Mayweather like a wolverine attacking a snake early and risk getting put down first.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  Are you an idiot. Duran quit against Leonard and then beat Davey Moore like he stole something from him. Quitting in a fight 2 years ago has nothing to do with how he will fight against floyd.

Like any of the *******s have ever seen or have any interest in those fights

Comment

If Floyd is the same fighter he was against Mosley, i don't see him having any problems with Ortiz.

Only way Ortiz wins imo, is if Floyd has declined alot since his last fight which could always be a possibility.

I have Floyd winning a clear cut decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X