Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Regrets That He Never Faced Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was probably better off as he walked away with a [fluke] victory over Manny Pacquiao and a (W) vs Marquez. He could always say that he beat them.

The other route would have seen him shut out by Floyd (ala Berto) and pounded by Cotto.

I'd say he didn't exactly net out too bad.

Comment

Too bad him and Khan didn't fight when they were the top dogs at 140.

Comment

Mayweather never mentioned Bradley as a potential opponent. He was too busy picking up easy pay days against B-raters like Ortiz and Guerrero. He thought Maidana was going to be another flat-footed pushover, and that backfired in their first fight. He "adjusted" by running, clinching and crying to he ref in the rematch. Bradley would have taken the fight to him. Not a foregone conclusion that Mayweather wins.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          Mayweather never mentioned Bradley as a potential opponent. He was too busy picking up easy pay days against B-raters like Ortiz and Guerrero. He thought Maidana was going to be another flat-footed pushover, and that backfired in their first fight. He "adjusted" by running, clinching and crying to he ref in the rematch. Bradley would have taken the fight to him. Not a foregone conclusion that Mayweather wins.
          Actually he did. People thought it could come together when Bradley was near the end of his contract but then he re-upped with TR basically insuring that he would not only miss May but all the other Haymon fighters. Why would you think Mayweather would be scared of Bradley? Go watch the Vargas fight then comeback and tell me why? Tim basically lost 3 times to Pac (who Mayweather beat). LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
            He wouldve looked like Berto in there.
            I would was going to say the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by pugil1st View Post
              Actually he did. People thought it could come together when Bradley was near the end of his contract but then he re-upped with TR basically insuring that he would not only miss May but all the other Haymon fighters. Why would you think Mayweather would be scared of Bradley? Go watch the Vargas fight then comeback and tell me why? Tim basically lost 3 times to Pac (who Mayweather beat). LOL
              Mayweather had a pattern of choosing certain types of fighters in case you haven't noticed. Like I said, no guarantee he beats Bradley, and Bradley didn't extend with Arum to avoid anyone. That just some fanboy talk right there.

Comment

Bradley's resume is not that bad, wins against Manny(bonafide HOF) and JMM(bonafide HOF) are factual.I think HOF is likely possible but not a guarantee.

Comment

Easy win that would have been for Mayweather over Bradley. Bradley had a very good career and was a world champion, with his best victory, without major controversy, over Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by pugil1st View Post

when??? care to post a link? the mayweathers never mention bradley as an opponent or acknowledge him. maybe its because pac fought him first but the mayweathers never spoke on bradley. only time they did is to down play him.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                      when did this happen??? tim had the chance to fight floyd but didnt???
                      Between late 2013 and early 2014. Both were coming off of huge wins over Marquez and Canelo and Bradley's contract with TR was over. He was still undefeated and had the win over Manny on paper, so it would have been a easy sell. But he didn't want to take a chance and end up getting passed over like Khan was, so he signed with Arum again and took the Manny rematch. Can't be mad at him for that. He probably made more in that fight than he would have against Floyd since he had leverage. But I strongly believe this would have happened if Broner had not been upset by Maidana. The only other option for Floyd at the time was Khan and he was not giving him that payday lol

Comment

Working...
                      X