No announcement yet.

Kellerman responds to criticism about calling Pac best of era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I'd say the difference would be Floyd was the best guy in every division he fought in at from 130 to 154 for some period of time. I'm not sure that is the case with Manny. Manny was a tourist or just among the best in some of those divisions. Maybe some rankings nerd can support or shoot down my stance as I'm saying it as a feeling more than something I've researched.

Can't really **** on Max's opinion doe. Agree or disagree with him, he's usually got some logic in his opinions & you can tell he actually thought about it.
    This is pretty accurate. The only division that that wouldn't have been the case is probably 140. He didn't fight Tszyu and he didn't fight Hatton. But he didn't really control those circumstances at the time.
    Last edited by Kagami Taiga; 04-21-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Can't really **** on Max's opinion doe. Agree or disagree with him, he's usually got some logic in his opinions & you can tell he actually thought about it.
      Oh yes you can. Especially when that opinion is BS.

Comment

On the end its his opinion. Most disagree with him, but if he wants to give credit for a certain thing over another then fine.

I'd say it's kinda hard to do that at this point because of the sheer dominance of Mayweather over the years. Package just wasn't nearly as dominant. So I'm not sure how he balances it.

Comment

It's nothing like Mayweather moving up to SMW.

I often wonder how someone in the boxing world like Max Kellerman could come out with such ******ed logic.

Comment

I'd say the difference would be Floyd was the best guy in every division he fought in at from 130 to 154 for some period of time. I'm not sure that is the case with Manny. Manny was a tourist or just among the best in some of those divisions. Maybe some rankings nerd can support or shoot down my stance as I'm saying it as a feeling more than something I've researched.

Pac was lineal at 112 (Chatchai Sasakul), 126 (Barrera I), 130 (Marquez II), 140 (Hatton), and by some bodies 147 (Bradley III). Meaning he was not ever lineal at 122, 135, or 154.

Mayweather was lineal at 130 (Geno), 135 (Castillo), 147 (Baldomir and later Mosley or Guerrero, depending on who you ask) and 154 (Canelo). Meaning he was only not lineal at 140. He would probably have beaten whoever was lineal at 140 at the time anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
              when Pacquiao was young, he used to put weight in his pockets to make weight, or even fight.
              And when he was older, he drained himself to make certain weight classes and he was the bigger guy in many if his fights. ****, he even lost his title on the scales once.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                It's nothing like Mayweather moving up to SMW.

I often wonder how someone in the boxing world like Max Kellerman could come out with such ******ed logic.
                Because he is a puppet. The "logic" he tried to invoke was a flat out joke.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  Pac was lineal at 112 (Chatchai Sasakul), 126 (Barrera I), 130 (Marquez II), 140 (Hatton), and by some bodies 147 (Bradley III). Meaning he was not ever lineal at 122, 135, or 154.

Mayweather was lineal at 130 (Geno), 135 (Castillo), 147 (Baldomir and later Mosley or Guerrero, depending on who you ask) and 154 (Canelo). Meaning he was only not lineal at 140. He would probably have beaten whoever was lineal at 140 at the time anyhow.
                  Tszyu and Hatton. He beat one at 147, so...yea.

Comment

Mayweather was lineal at 130 (Geno) ,135 (Castillo), 147 (Baldomir and later Mosley or Guerrero, depending on who you ask) and 154 (Canelo). Meaning he was only not lineal at 140. He would probably have beaten whoever was lineal at 140 at the time anyhow.
                    Kosta Tszyu was lineal at 140 at that time.

Comment

Didn't Hatton effectively vacate the lineal 140lb title when he beat collazo for the WW title?

I guess he won it back when he beat Urango but was Urango and Hatton 1 and 2 at JWW at the time?
                      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 04-21-2016, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X