Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So if Dominic Wade wins tonight, Tureano Johnson vs Eamon O'Kane for IBF mando spot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if Dominic Wade wins tonight, Tureano Johnson vs Eamon O'Kane for IBF mando spot

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...happen-in-2015

And IBF mando is 6 months after winning the belt.... so he has until December to fight the winner of O'Kane/Johnson.
    Whether it's changed due to there being no mandatory challenger (of which they're insisting they have to make a mandatory defense of) then he'll probably get only one voluntary in given the rate Lemeuix going with his fights.

Irish Guy is O'Kane...and only way Johonson would lose is hometown robbery

Wade will dominate Soliman

Comment

I am completely supporting anything that would lead to a Lemieux-Johnson fight. That would be an absolute war!

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
        Wade will dominate Soliman
        Wade looks meh, but Soliman is an old fighter with bad knees off a pretty long lay off. if he can't beat him now, he never will
        Originally posted by Bram View Post
        I am completely supporting anything that would lead to a Lemieux-Johnson fight. That would be an absolute war!
        Would be interesting to see if his suffocation can neutralize Lemeuix's power. If not, will be bad

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...happen-in-2015

And IBF mando is 6 months after winning the belt.... so he has until December to fight the winner of O'Kane/Johnson.
          Whether it's changed due to there being no mandatory challenger (of which they're insisting they have to make a mandatory defense of) then he'll probably get only one voluntary in given the rate Lemeuix going with his fights.

Irish Guy is O'Kane...and only way Johonson would lose is hometown robbery
          Technically UK, Belfast is under the Queen's control. Ironic, I kinda wanted to see Johnson vs O'Sullivan, O'Kane's not their level. So if Soliman loses, Lemieux's return in Oct/Nov will probably be a voluntary defense and then his mando after that?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            Technically UK, Belfast is under the Queen's control. Ironic, I kinda wanted to see Johnson vs O'Sullivan, O'Kane's not their level. So if Soliman loses, Lemieux's return in Oct/Nov will probably be a voluntary defense and then his mando after that?
            Sullivan would've been better.. and most likely. Unless they make the Eliminator by September or something. If they make a mandatory fast enough, then maybe he will have to do it by December

Comment

IBF purse bid today, lets see if Shaw bids anything otherwise this is going to end up at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast and Tureano could have to overcome some home cooking.

Comment

Yikes! Tureano Johnson is fighting for free! O'Kane might not even be able to afford his plane ticket & hotel. Maybe there's a side deal?

Well I stand corrected, Johnson/O'Kane should be stateside and hopefully ends up on an HBO undercard. I doubt it'd make the Golovkin/Lemieux card as K2 only has 1 tv fight (Gonazalez or Bryant Jennings/Luis Ortiz) and GB has 2 tv fights (Sadam Ali and ?).
                Last edited by Eastcoast; 07-29-2015, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X