No announcement yet.

Super heavyweight division for MMA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super heavyweight division for MMA?

With guys like Sapp, and fighters just getting bigger and bigger, do you think this is feasible at one time, if the powers at be have enough fighters to fill that division?

i think it is eventually, but at the time no, i dont think there are enough fighters to carry such a division yet.

Comment

What do you think the weight should start at? If you have Heavy weights as like 205, then 260 or higher could be superheavy, and their are plenty of fighters close to that, I think it may be easy to fill. However if you make it like 280 or 300, your definately right.

Comment

yeah i was thinkin about about the 275 range, but yeah if it was smaller there would definately be enough, but i think at the smae time it would cause the heavyweight division to suffer.

Comment

I think anyone above 265 should be a superheavyweight. They could fill the division eventually...

Comment

Thats what I was thinking James, around the 265 mark. For some reason Heath Herring popped in my head, and I believe he weighed in at the last pride at around 250? Just around that area could be the maximum for heavyweight, which would still make it a very large weight class, 205-265. As opposed to the other fighters who stay within what, 15 lbs of each other?

Comment

when your big its a hard life.

Comment

****, they got women competing in mma, lets give the big guys their own division, provided there are enough participants to fill the division, and not see the same 6 guys fight all the time.

Comment

IMO, the heavywieght should go up to 250.

Comment

a +265lbs division would be great

Comment

Working...
                    X