Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch this video and tell me that Global Warming is a Political Hoax

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was 65- 70 degrees all weekend here in central Illinois and this whole week is supposed to be the same. Being that it is February in the Midwest, normally it would be below freezing with a foot of snow on the ground here. Instead it's like a beautiful spring day (or week)

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Using altered data. Twice.

You left that key fact out.

Again, you left out something crucial, that being the sample size.

Can you please start being intellectually honest and include all facts, even those that destroy any credibility your side had? Thanks

I didn't dispute the credentials of those surveyed. I only asked your side to state the number asked (ie, sample size).

You're again not keeping up here.

I did more than disagree, I presented source citations proving it to have been altered.

Again, not keeping up....

Um, you refuse to state the sample size!!!

You cant accuse me of attacking the sample size when you refuse to state it!!!

And you wont because of what you just posted, ie that it will be so small it will hold no water.

It was a SURVEY, not even a scientific poll.

And of that survey, not even all the scientists returned it. Hell, much less than 97% of those sent a survey returned the survey!!

Your side is lying with numbers, the only is question is whether you are one of the liars or you're being lied to and not sharp enough to see it (remember, your own guy Gruber mocked you guys for being "stupid" and easy for them to snooker...)

Actually I have both of those facts.

Try keeping up, please.

and if you can address those 2 facts without fallacy, that would be a start....
      The size sample was over two hundred scientific organizations around the world and based on hundreds of peer reviewed published papers on climate change. NaSA does provide specifics on their website where you're more than welcome to check.

As far as the fudging of the data I don't dispute that. Those scientist should be investigated.

My dispute was with your ridiculous comparison of how NASA arrived at a number of 97% to you surveying people at a car show .

Comment

China and India are way more polluted than the average city in the US. not much is really being done about it. and all the limousine liberals seem to be doing is yelling MORE TAXES at me from the safety and comfort of their private jets. the war on climate change seems like a trivial pursuit for the average person if ya ask me.
        Last edited by John Barron; 02-20-2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
          The size sample was over two hundred scientific organizations...
          Ah, but the assertion claimed 97% of scientists.

When I told you to try and keep up here, you should have taken my advice.

Now go catch yourself up and try again.

And make it at least somewhat challenging for me this time.

As far as the fudging of the data I don't dispute that. Those scientist should be investigated.
          Fair enough, but you now need to address the data produced by those liars, and the conclusions drawn from said altered data....

My dispute was with your ridiculous comparison of how NASA arrived at a number of 97% to you surveying people at a car show .
          Why is it ridiculous??

I've asked this several times, but you just keep repeating it's not a good comparison.

Try this; why do you assert it is not a good comparison?
          (And please be specific, if you even offer up an answer....)

Comment

Ah, but the assertion claimed 97% of scientists.

When I told you to try and keep up here, you should have taken my advice.

And make it at least somewhat challenging for me this time.

Fair enough, but you now need to address the data produced by those liars, and the conclusions drawn from said altered data....

Why is it ridiculous??

I've asked this several times, but you just keep repeating it's not a good comparison.

Try this; why do you assert it is not a good comparison?
            (And please be specific, if you even offer up an answer....)
            And from those scientific organizations who do you think they asked? Do you think they asked the janitors what they thought? or the scientist who work in those organizations and who've written papers on climate?

As for your example, If you truly belive that the way NASA compiles their data is the equivalent of surveying amateurs at a car show then there really isn't much point to in arguing. If you can't see the lunacy in that you're not as smart as I though you were.

Comment

And from those scientific organizations who do you think they asked? Do you think they asked the janitors what they thought? or the scientist who work in those organizations and who've written papers on climate?
              non sequiturs.

Try again, and this time prove the assertion made.

BTW, asking me questions isn't going to prove your side's assertions. You need proof, sourced to boot.

If you need the assertion cited, just ask.
              (Though I believe I've cited it many times already...)

As for your example, If you truly belive that the way NASA compiles their data is the equivalent of surveying amateurs at a car show then there really isn't much point to in arguing. If you can't see the lunacy in that you're not as smart as I though you were.
              Ok, you're either too "stupid" to get this or you're being obtuse. It's not about how the data is compiled, it's about SAMPLE SIZE.

Ignore the example, you lack the intellect to grasp it.
              Last edited by 1bad65; 02-20-2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Since you failed to get it the first time, I'll repost it.

(and you may want to start with your side's assertion itself...)

Sometimes I have to repeat yourself many times in a debate. Gruber didn't call you guys "stupid" for nothing.

Comment

non sequiturs.

Try again, and this time prove the assertion made.

BTW, asking me questions isn't going to prove your side's assertions. You need proof, sourced to boot.

If you need the assertion cited, just ask.
                  (Though I believe I've cited it many times already...)

Ok, you're either too "stupid" to get this or you're being obtuse. It's not about how the data is compiled, it's about SAMPLE SIZE.

Ignore the example, you lack the intellect to grasp it.
                  The sample size question has been answered. You're purposely ignoring it. And if you don't think the size is adequate then tell us what sample size would be adequate to you? You're the one complaining about the size therefore please provide us with what you feel is right for you.

And I see you called me stupid. I guess when you can't argue you must insult.

Comment

The sample size question has been answered. You're purposely ignoring it.
                    False.

But humor me, give me the exact number of scientists who filled out/returned the survey.

And if you don't think the size is adequate then tell us what sample size would be adequate to you? You're the one complaining about the size therefore please provide us with what you feel is right for you.
                    Sterling addressed that.

You didn't follow my advice and catch up, so do that now.

I must ask, how many different things must I repeat to you multiple times?

I'm growing bored, and I'm not going to resort to repeated copy-and-paste posts just for you to finally catch up.

And I see you called me stupid. I guess when you can't argue you must insult.
                    Try again. I quoted someone else. The quotation marks should have clued you in.

Thus not an insult.

Nice try though

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
                      China and India are way more polluted than the average city in the US. not much is really being done about it. and all the limousine liberals seem to be doing is yelling MORE TAXES at me from the safety and comfort of their private jets. the war on climate change seems like a trivial pursuit for the average person if ya ask me.
                      I remember a docu of China's waters, it's ridiculously polluted. Dead fish pop up by the 100s on a daily basis.

Comment

Working...
                      X