Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Eubank is superior to Hopkins but because he is British no one will admit it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im british , eubank fought twice at cruiser vs carl thompson (who ko'd haye at 40 ) on the back of 2 losses to collins and a loss at 168 to calzaghe for a wbo title i think , but thompson was then kod in 4 by jonny nelson , two great scraps and eubank showed bravery , but was a lazy fighter who couldnt fight 3 minutes a round and was leagues below jones , toney etc , but he did have a granite chin , heart and balls of steel so i wouldnt completely rule him out... but toney and bhop had chins to match and were far slicker , jones at 160 beat both of them lol

Comment

Please define the BHop era?? 1990's Bhop?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        total troll thread... Complete idiot or just a troll

1.. Eubanks never fought above 160-168 in any meaningful fight

2. Eubanks never fought toney or jones

3. Hopkins actually went up and won light heavy titles multiple times, Eubanks never did..

4. Hopkins is much better than Eubanks.. Good fight at 160-168 but hopkins is a level above Eubanks

5. Pre-fight trash talk would be awesome with these two
        excellent response identifying the lunacy of the thread and dispelling it with accurate and concise rational reasoning.....way to go sugar .....end of thread

Comment

Originally posted by deansluk View Post
          im british , eubank fought twice at cruiser vs carl thompson (who ko'd haye at 40 ) on the back of 2 losses to collins and a loss at 168 to calzaghe for a wbo title i think , but thompson was then kod in 4 by jonny nelson , two great scraps and eubank showed bravery , but was a lazy fighter who couldnt fight 3 minutes a round and was leagues below jones , toney etc , but he did have a granite chin , heart and balls of steel so i wouldnt completely rule him out... but toney and bhop had chins to match and were far slicker , jones at 160 beat both of them lol
          no way did hopkins didnt have a chin to match eubanks

I agree RJJ would have beaten ANYONE at his weight in his prime

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
            Or believe it.

No way could Hopkins go up and hang with heavyweights or cruiser weights, like RJJ, James Toney and Chris Eubank
            Hopkins will historically be remembered as the better fighter and justifiably so. Only a true idiot would believe otherwise.

Comment

Pretty sure that even Chris Eubank would admit Hopkins was the better boxer

Comment

Hopkins is nowhere near the league of talent of Nunn, Toney, Eubank, McCallum or Calzaghe. His opposition on his late reign at 160 was awful.

Comment

Aside from Benn and Watson, Eubank fought a lot of unknowns because that is who the wbo allowed him to fight. Sure Eubanks jumped to cruiserweight but he got knocked out. Hopkins run at light heavy was more impressive even though he was past his prime.

Comment

Not even remotely close. No where near.

Not even in the same league.

Comment

Ha...weak troll attempt

Comment

Working...
                      X