Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Michael Jordan had Jabar, Worthy, and Cooper as teammates?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No matter what agenda that you guys try to spin, Jordan will always be remembered as a more dominate player than Magic was. It's not a big deal to lose a playoffs series, but when you make it all the way to the NBA Finals, you have to be able to put the team on your back and do whatever it takes to win it all. At the end of the day, people will remember those four times that Magic lost in the NBA finals more so than those times that MJ lost a few playoffs series.

6 out of 6 > 5 out of 9. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
      No matter what agenda that you guys try to spin, Jordan will always be remembered as a more dominate player than Magic was. It's not a big deal to lose a playoffs series, but when you make it all the way to the NBA Finals, you have to be able to put the team on your back and do whatever it takes to win it all. At the end of the day, people will remember those four times that Magic lost in the NBA finals more so than those times that MJ lost a few playoffs series.

6 out of 6 > 5 out of 9. That is all.

no spinning of agendas...some of us just happened to have been around long enough to know what really went on

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        no spinning of agendas...some of us just happened to have been around long enough to know what really went on
        No need to for all that. Just because i wasn't around when they played it doesn't mean that all of their records aren't available for everyone to view. I'd say Magic was a better versatile player and the clear-cut playermaker, but that's about it. MJ was a better all-around defender and much more dominate on the offensive end.

Comment

No need to for all that. Just because i wasn't around when they played it doesn't mean that all of their records aren't available for everyone to view. I'd say Magic was a better versatile player and the clear-cut playermaker, but that's about it. MJ was a better all-around defender and much more dominate on the offensive end.

that wasn't the point of discussion...you brought up finals records and i merely stated that the teams Jordan ran into weren't the same caliber as the teams Magic ran into

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            that wasn't the point of discussion...you brought up finals records and i merely stated that the teams Jordan ran into weren't the same caliber as the teams Magic ran into
            I see the point that you're making, but i don't think it's fair to put Magic on a pedestal just because he faced tougher competitions than MJ did in the Finals. It's that same argument that some fans likes to use when comparing the athletes of today to the ones in the past. MJ Just so happened to be around when competitions were weaker in his era compared to the Magic/Bird era, and he couldn't have changed that even if he wanted to. Whenever he did reached the top of the mountain, he didn't managed to fail.

Comment

I see the point that you're making, but i don't think it's fair to put Magic on a pedestal just because he faced tougher competitions than MJ did in the Finals. It's that same argument that some fans likes to use when comparing the athletes of today to the ones in the past. MJ Just so happened to be around when competitions were weaker in his era compared to the Magic/Bird era, and he couldn't have changed that even if he wanted to. Whenever he did reached the top of the mountain, he didn't managed to fail.

then it would also be unfair to tout that unbeaten record at Magic since we're conceding that he ran into tougher teams

and lastly, going back to my point, Jordan WAS in that tougher era...he just never made it out of the east...when that era died out, his dominance prevailed...i dont think its a coincidence

Comment

The mid-late 90's was an extremely weak era. I don't even think anyone can argue otherwise.

The early 90's saw a lot of expansion teams which many say watered down the league. The second 3-peat Bulls team was nowhere near as good as the squad they had in the first 3-peat, but the second team was able to go 72-10. You know why? Because that was a weak era.

The Bulls also had a horrible record against the Houston Rockets. And the one chance Jordan had to go against Hakeem in the finals, it was the Bulls who choked and ended up losing to Shaq and the Orlando Magic in the Semifinals...And the Rockets ended up sweeping that same team.
                Last edited by Rocky Rode; 10-10-2012, 04:18 PM.

Comment

You guys are missing the point of the thread. Does a team with Jordan, Jabar, Worthy, Cooper, etc. lose to the 80's Celtics? I don't think so. There's a big difference between having Pippen, Grant, and Paxson as teammates and having Jabar, Worthy, Cooper, Parish, McHale, and Johnson as teammates. How would Magic and Bird do with a supporting cast of Pippen,Grant, and Paxson? Jordan did what was needed for his team to win, whether it was to get 50 or get a triple double. Jordan wouldn't need to average 30 with multiple HOF teammates.
                  Last edited by $tate of Mind; 10-10-2012, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Teams need chemistry no matter the talent. Who knows if mj would've complimented those guys. Plus magic could practically play any position. He even played center at times. What can't be disputed is that Magic played in the greatest basketball era of all time. Could Jordan have won 6 titles in the 80's?

Comment

• Originally posted by raabd View Post
                      Teams need chemistry no matter the talent. Who knows if mj would've complimented those guys. Plus magic could practically play any position. He even played center at times. What can't be disputed is that Magic played in the greatest basketball era of all time. Could Jordan have won 6 titles in the 80's?
                      Absolutely imo, if he had players like Jabar, Worthy, and Cooper to play with. MJ wasn't just this dominant scorer, he was an excellent defender, and people don't talk about his basketball i.q. enough. With his talent and basketball i.q. I think he would find a a way to adjust his game and make things work.

Comment

Working...
                      X