No announcement yet.

Name your TOP three Hype Jobs (Any weight) and Why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
    Only p4p in name, because people put him there. He is more in the 15-30 range IMO. He has done nothing to deserve that top 10 spot.
    cleaned out strawweight, moved up and won the lineal title and the rematch and is pushing for the best possible fight in that weight class in ulises solis. Any other weight class, people would be placing him in the top 5 P4P.

Comment

Originally posted by Gift Of Gab View Post
      cleaned out strawweight, moved up and won the lineal title and the rematch and is pushing for the best possible fight in that weight class in ulises solis. Any other weight class, people would be placing him in the top 5 P4P.
      Look at who he beat at Strawweight and tell me how he cleaned it out?

He never beat Kyowa (even though at the time he was recognized as Calderon's equal [he has lost since then but at the time they were 1 & 1a]), he refused to fight Mayol, he never beat Rachman. Both of whom were at the top of the division also.

Best names on his resume at <105 were Bustos and Reyes.

I will give him some credit for taking on Cazares at 108, but he is hardly a world beater. Dieppa was old.

Calderon's inclusion in the top 10 is more an homage to his career than his earning his way in.

Comment

Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
        Look at who he beat at Strawweight and tell me how he cleaned it out?

He never beat Kyowa (even though at the time he was recognized as Calderon's equal [he has lost since then but at the time they were 1 & 1a]), he refused to fight Mayol, he never beat Rachman. Both of whom were at the top of the division also.

Best names on his resume at <105 were Bustos and Reyes.

I will give him some credit for taking on Cazares at 108, but he is hardly a world beater. Dieppa was old.

Calderon's inclusion in the top 10 is more an homage to his career than his earning his way in.

yea thats fair, I also think his skills is another reason why he is among the best. IMO the best pure boxer in the sport now that Floyd is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Gift Of Gab View Post
          yea thats fair, I also think his skills is another reason why he is among the best. IMO the best pure boxer in the sport now that Floyd is gone.
          I think thats part of the problem. The definition of p4p. Some people lean heavier on achievment, others base it more on skills.

All's fair though, I am not a Calderon hater.

Comment

Working...
          X