Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Terence Crawford have so many detractors?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Terence Crawford have so many detractors?

All he does is go out and demolish his opponents. I hear people saying TC should move up because of his height, size, and reach. Was Postol asked to move up before fighting Crawford? He's 3 inches taller than Crawford with a 3˝ inch reach advantage. Why weren't people demanding he move up for the same reasons? The same with Golovkin, nobody ever demanded that he moved to 168.

Is it because he's black? Because that's what it seems like.

Originally posted by Hov View Post
    All he does is go out and demolish his opponents. I hear people saying TC should move up because of his height, size, and reach. Was Postol asked to move up before fighting Crawford? He's 3 inches taller than Crawford with a 3˝ inch reach advantage. Why weren't people demanding he move up for the same reasons? The same with Golovkin, nobody ever demanded that he moved to 168.

Most of his detractors are supporters of other "black" boxers. It's mostly because he's with Top Rank and under Arum. "Floyd left Arum but Bud's an Arum puppet"........seen that sentiment several times.

Like him or not, Bud is truly one of the best P4P boxers in the world.

Comment

The only times I've seen people talk negatively about Bud is because of his antics outside of the ring. Only some of his fans are always going on about how all he gets is hate around here.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Most of his detractors are supporters of other "black" boxers. It's mostly because he's with Top Rank and under Arum. "Floyd left Arum but Bud's an Arum puppet"........seen that sentiment several times.

Like him or not, Bud is truly one of the best P4P boxers in the world.
        That's not true. Most of his detractors are people that seem to think he has to jump extra hurdles to to make any significant achievement. The same people that wanted Mayweather to move up, Ward to move up, or think Joshua beating Klitschko is not enough. There will always that one fighter he needs to beat to get some respect.

Comment

Man, I don't even want to say my opinion on this. One of the main things that turn me off from the sport, and even the forum.

The problem goes several directions though, and a lot of people criticize it only to do it themselves later on. Some try to hide it, pretending they're giving others a taste of their own medicine, but it doesn't matter. Once you're part of that the stench of it sticks with you.

Comment

Because he's a great fighter and detractors hate greatness

Comment

Because most people like me who love bud know that bud a special fighter and that he can handle the boys at 147 where there so much great talent bud already cleaned out 140 with postol ......the indigoo fight will be good and we have an undisputed champion

But other then that PAC and the rest of the 147 is the fight we wanna see bud in

Comment

Because there's nothing at 140 and he hasn't fought anyone great to be dubbed "the best at anything" Delahoys, Floyd, Duran, Hearns, Manny, Leonard and many others were proven legends by 29. Can't say the same about Ctawford.

Comment

You know why. Everyone knows why. Has to do with his skin color.

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post

What! There are all kinds of people here crtisizing G for staying at Middleweight. As far as Crawford moving up that's up to him. It looks like the money is in the Welterweight division. For financial reasons and because of his competitive nature I think he's going to make the jump.

Comment

Working...
                    X