Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has there ever been a more hyped fighter on this site than errol spence?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Golovkin fans have been hyping him as an ATG MW. Is Brook an ATG WW? A MW beating a good WW isn't impressive, getting lifted of his feet by one is embarrassing.
    Given that they were about the same weight and Brook wasn't fat, I can't agree with that assessment. But as far as personal opinions go, I do think Brook has the potential to be an ATG

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      There is no hype that will ever surpass the Lucas Matthysse hype.

It was downright hysterical.
      name 1 fighter that spence has beat that is better then lucas's victory over ruslan or PEDerson. Spence biggest win is equal to lucas comeback fight of taylor ROFL.

wasnt brook ducking spence? stupid idiots.

Comment

You are so damn afraid that Spence will run through Brook and make your god GGG look bad..that is the only reason you keep ****ting on Spence..before the GGG fight you literally never mentioned the guy

Comment

Yes Lucas Matthysse.

Comment

I think he is a hell of a fighter but we will know more in less than two weeks but man, I watched everything of Sugar Ray Leonard, I met him, exchanged emails, and he was amazing in the ring to watch. When I heard comparisons with Sugar Ray, a while back, I cringed. Leonard had blinding speed, brilliant combinations, exciting as hell and Spence does not come close to Leonard in any way.
            Last edited by richardt; 05-16-2017, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate keeper View Post
              Given that they were about the same weight and Brook wasn't fat, I can't agree with that assessment. But as far as personal opinions go, I do think Brook has the potential to be an ATG
              Its not just what the scales read, it how your body adapts and reacts to carrying the extra weight. Brook had a lot more water weight and bulk when he fought G, but if you look it was easy to see G was heaps bigger, longer, it was like a Praying Mantis hunting down a beetle, the power difference and physical strength was way more Gs way that it was Brooks.

There is a thing called power to weight ratio and that's where you see the big difference in a fight like Brook vs GGG. As Genady said he was a WW and he never hurt him at all, that's why G got hit clean because he didn't care he just hunted Kell down.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate keeper View Post
                so you made an alt to post this utter bull****?

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  I think he is a hell of a fighter but we will know more in less than two weeks but man, I watched everything of Sugar Ray Leonard, I met him, exchanged emails, and he was amazing in the ring to watch. When I heard comparisons with Sugar Ray, a while back, I cringed. Leonard had blinding speed, brilliant combinations, exciting as hell and Spence does not come close to Leonard in any way.
                  yea, that was a down right horrible comparison

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                    Has Spence emphatically dominated and unified his division?

Does Spence hold the WBC Welterweight strap?

Does Spence hold any titles?

If he beats Brook he will have literally won just as many titles as GGG has won in the ring.......1

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      not been on the site too long but some of the comments on here are unbelievable, get worse by the day.

Some from supposedly credible posters too. Just seen him called a modern day sugar ray leonard amongst other comments. A bad one the other day was how he would give GGG hell at 160 already.

But what makes my blood boil is the subtle arrogant comments, when people laugh it off that he could potentially be a hype job. WHats spence done that lacy hadnt done before fighting calzaghe? You dont know how fighters are going to react at the top level, you can predict but you just dont know.

The reason lacy was so hyped is because people were convinced he was the real deal.

People seemed pretty convinced j-rock was something special not long ago, well newsflash - he looked like **** when he fought someone who could fight back. Not much talk about him now, lets all pretend he wasnt hyped.

Bute was looking pretty good too wasnt he until he fought a solid fighter in froch, then we saw huge vulnerabilities. Because thats what happen when you fight someone who can fight back, vulnerabilities that werent on show suddenly appear. These defensive frailties arent on show when you are beating the crap out of bums and can just walk straight forward.

Does this happen often on this site when someone beats a couple of C-level scrubs? (in this case a kickboxer and 41 year old man).

Has there been anyone else more hyped? Im guessing people were absolutely convinced broner was the real deal after he beat some trash opponents too? Im also guessing its also some of the same posters....

Maybe its gone out of fashion to reserve judgement until fighting a top class fighter. As long as you stop a bum earlier than someone else did, thats the definitive proof that you are top level.
                      This perfectly describes Golovkin's hype on this site. What "top class" fighter has he fought?

Comment

Working...
                      X