Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Deal Not Done for Golovkin-Saunders 6/10 in Kazakhstan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    nope, not in my book

not yet anyways

and, he clearly owes Kovalev a rematch, because there is unfinished business at LHW

just like your boy clearly owes Jacobs a rematch, because there is unfinished business at MW
    Ward owes Kovalev a rematch because it's in the contract he signed. GGG's team pointedly stated numerous times prior to the fight that there is no rematch clause. GGG owes him nothing even though I'd like to see a rematch. That might happen down the road but Gennady has a fight with Saunders next and a fight with Canelo in the fall if they can get the purse split agreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by whatismyname View Post
      compubox is 'computerized punches scoring system'... you're saying the technology is no good int this case? Usually computers > humans in such cases.

i think that compubox is HORRIBLY unreliable

suspiciously, horribly, unreliable

it almost appears to be used exclusively to justify debatable decisions

it has NO place within boxing, and should be either removed completely, or provided to historians for research purposes only

the judges are in a MUCH better position to evaluate what is effective/relevant..... I believe compubox damn near scores every punch that is thrown, regardless as to whether it hits gloves forearms shoulders, or even slightly misses.....

and I don't think it records bodywork accurately either

it doesn't factor in how a fight unfolds, ring generalship, nothing..... and appears to have its origin around convincing the public that they did not witness the house fighter lose..... it's main role appears to be, to support the "business" of boxing

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        3 "top" middleweights, of varying degress, have outright refused to fight him. He has knocked out 20+ opponents in arow. The reputation of being a power puncher, especially when he battered the likes of Macklin and Geale was deserved.

There have been fighters who have done much less to garner but larger reputations.

name one ?

name one fighter who was rated above/equal to ATG's like Hopkins/Hagler..... when his best opponent to date was equivalent to David Lemieux

i have never heard such nonsense and have been involved in the sport for nearly 40 years

there is a damn good reason why Mr "anyone from 154-168" totally refused to negotiate with lil old faded 153lb Cotto.... who was at that point - and possibly still is - his best possible payday

it is the goal of every fighter to get an opportunity like that

that was INSANE..... and nobody said a damn thing

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Ward owes Kovalev a rematch because it's in the contract he signed. GGG's team pointedly stated numerous times prior to the fight that there is no rematch clause. GGG owes him nothing even though I'd like to see a rematch. That might happen down the road but Gennady has a fight with Saunders next and a fight with Canelo in the fall if they can get the purse split agreeable.

you don't give a shht about legality or integrity, so pull the other one

fk the contract, and fk you

Ward owes Kovalev a rematch because the decision was debatable

have some pride

if GGG beats Saunders, he will still have Jacobs problems, and I will call that a blatant DUCK

Comment

Does anyone know how Compubox works? How does it track the punches?

I never put much trust in those numbers because I doubt they are accurate.

Comment

you don't give a shht about legality or integrity, so pull the other one

fk the contract, and fk you
              S
              Ward owes Kovalev a rematch because the decision was debatable

have some pride

if GGG beats Saunders, he will still have Jacobs problems, and I will call that a blatant DUCK
              When I said he owes him nothing I meant legally.
              Golivkin said he will give him a rematch. Jacobs already acknowledged that it won't happen right away and he seemed OK with it. Jacobs is in a good position right now. He can take a fight with another contender which he will probably win. Then fight the winner of the Golovkin Canelo match. He'll make a ton of money if that works out.

Comment

i think that compubox is HORRIBLY unreliable

suspiciously, horribly, unreliable

it almost appears to be used exclusively to justify debatable decisions

it has NO place within boxing, and should be either removed completely, or provided to historians for research purposes only

the judges are in a MUCH better position to evaluate what is effective/relevant..... I believe compubox damn near scores every punch that is thrown, regardless as to whether it hits gloves forearms shoulders, or even slightly misses.....

and I don't think it records bodywork accurately either

it doesn't factor in how a fight unfolds, ring generalship, nothing..... and appears to have its origin around convincing the public that they did not witness the house fighter lose..... it's main role appears to be, to support the "business" of boxing
                Judges are worse man, look at Pac-Bradley 1, the other idiot of a judge that had May-Canelo a draw and so forth endless examples... If Compubox counts everything, how do you account for all the missed punches that it counts as well? Only way compubox could be called flawed is if the connected punches are fed into it.

Comment

Judges are worse man, look at Pac-Bradley 1, the other idiot of a judge that had May-Canelo a draw and so forth endless examples... If Compubox counts everything, how do you account for all the missed punches that it counts as well? Only way compubox could be called flawed is if the connected punches are fed into it.

that was a " integrity " issue

i also question the integrity of boxrec

i only score punches that land cleanly, and often favor whoever wins the exchange if more than a couple are thrown..... my punch scores would be lower than boxrec on both sides

and like I say, boxing isn't a maths game..... boxrec does not reflect how a fight unfolds, or account for ringIQ or how the styles mesh..... a LOT of things happen in a fight

i certainly don't accept it as justification/proof, of anything..... not when i can watch the fight myself

Comment

actually, fair point

can't argue with that

the system needs work

Comment

name one ?

name one fighter who was rated above/equal to ATG's like Hopkins/Hagler..... when his best opponent to date was equivalent to David Lemieux

i have never heard such nonsense and have been involved in the sport for nearly 40 years

there is a damn good reason why Mr "anyone from 154-168" totally refused to negotiate with lil old faded 153lb Cotto.... who was at that point - and possibly still is - his best possible payday

it is the goal of every fighter to get an opportunity like that

that was INSANE..... and nobody said a damn thing
                      Who placed him alongside Hagler and Hopkins? Apart from some on this forum (even then I cant remember any such thing) there were weak comparisons made by HBO with regards to length of title reign and so on but no one, not Lampley, not Kellerman and no one at the Ring or various other publications labelled him an atg.

In your blind hatred you're creating scenarios that didnt exist. Another example is your utter bs claim that GGG wouldnt negotiate with Cotto which is ... well like i said utter bs, considering Cotto, on international TV, right after his firts defence pretty much declined fighting any middleweights above 155 or whatever limit he imposed.

Jeez, you guys are crazy.

Comment

Working...
                      X