No announcement yet.

MMA Legend Kimbo Slice Dies At 42

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMA Legend Kimbo Slice Dies At 42

Kimbo Slice (6-2 MMA, 2-0 BMMA) - real name Kevin Ferguson, died on Monday at young age of 42. According to reports he was hospitalized on Monday in South Florida. There is no official word yet on the causes of this tragic death.

Heart attack, I hear. The guy brought a lot of entertainment and viewers to MMA. I think he lived the fast life for too long and paid the price for it. R.I.P.

Comment

Who's next? Ali, Kimbo.... Goldberg?

Comment

Kimbo Slice was a hero to the idea that anything, simply anything is possible. He was as unlikely of a sports star as there will ever be. Rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Volcano View Post
          Kimbo Slice was a hero to the idea that anything, simply anything is possible. He was as unlikely of a sports star as there will ever be. Rest in peace.
          i remember everyone called kimbo a fraud and a fake fighter then once he dies everyone rides his nuts.

all stupid people do that. when someone passes away they forget all the **** they ever talked and start talking them up real good.

kimbo will prob end up in MMA hall of fame because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
            i remember everyone called kimbo a fraud and a fake fighter then once he dies everyone rides his nuts.

all stupid people do that. when someone passes away they forget all the **** they ever talked and start talking them up real good.

LOL idk about the HOF.

And idk if everyone is riding his nuts. He was a notable personality in the fighting world. I mean regardless what you think of him as a MMA guy (okay at best imo) or a boxer (okay at best imo), he was a guy who made himself a person of note in the combat sports world, at an advanced age, in a completely unique way (Jorge Masvidal did come up in backyard fights too, but he's never been the personality Kimbo's beard was let alone Kimbo the full package) & who didn't love those backyard fights from back in the day. Kimbo is a notable personality if only off of those backyard fights & no boxing or MMA career those videos were so popular.

So basically I don't think you gotta juggle ones balls 24/7/365 all thru there life to show respect for them & what they accomplished after their death. Respect to Kimbo, the man, the father, the fighter in many disciplines.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
              There is no MMA Hall of Fame.

UFC has one, but I doubt Kimbo will be inducted into it.

Comment

True. MMA needs one. It should be like the International Boxing Hall of Fame, with a whole weekend, where they have inductions and big displays in a museum, with maybe a pair of their gloves and a bio of their careers on display.

Royce and Ken would probably go in first, along with maybe Frank Shamrock, Fedor and Anderson Silva, they'd probably even throw in Rickson eventually in their pioneers wing, along with Helio.

Comment

Lmao @ "mma legend" in the title

Comment

Working...
                  X