No announcement yet.

CHemistry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
    Thanks! I've thought about death for a looooong time. I have come to terms with this theory.

FWIW, I believe in God, just not the same God that a lot of religions believe in.

Another great example of non existence to existence is the big bang (if you believe that.) There was nothing and then there was something.
    I dont think the big bang theory states the 'something from nothing' notion. Rather it is just the expansion of the singularity forming the universe we know.
    I have always heard that scientists only know what happened a fraction of a second after the big bang began.

Why is "what does death feel like?" a better question than "what happens to us when we die?"
    They both presume a continuation of consciousness.

What is your take on God?

Comment

Yes the bottled form containing ethanol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud View Post
        I dont think the big bang theory states the 'something from nothing' notion. Rather it is just the expansion of the singularity forming the universe we know.
        I have always heard that scientists only know what happened a fraction of a second after the big bang began.

Why is "what does death feel like?" a better question than "what happens to us when we die?"

Exactly. The big bang theory only explains what happens after expansion begins. It does not even try to explain why the universe was in it's "initial" state of very high energy density.

The big bang theory is based on the observation that the expansion does exist (it is real, we can't ignore it), and that the universe was hotter (and more dense) in the past than it is now.

This can be observed because of the "slow" speed of light. Whenever we look very far (in distance), we also look into the past: because light took time to get here. When we look at galaxies at 1 billion light-years in distance, we are seeing the universe as it was a billion years ago.

The Big Bang theory combines knowledge from many branches of science (physics, chemistry...) so that we can follow the changes that are caused as the average temperature (= energy density) drops with the expansion.

When we use the theory to go back in time (trying to guess how it all started), we get to a point where the temperature is too high -- this is called the Planck Temperature.

We do not know what existed (if anything) before that. What we do know is : at that temperature, matter could not exist, even the forces could not exist. Only pure energy.

But we do know that matter can be made from pure energy (as long as it fits with the famous equation: E = m c^2).

Since we cannot analyze the expansion before that moment, we do not know what was there. Even weirder: according to our calculations, we do not even know if "time" (as we perceive it) existed before that moment.

So we are not even sure if the word "before" makes any sense when we apply it to that moment.

We do not know, and we know that we do not know, and we accept that it is possible that we will never know.

However, science always tries to know. Some scientists are working on possibilities. For example, if the universe really does have more dimensions that the ones we can imagine, then there is a way to go around the problem and find a "before".

The real name of the theory is not Big Bang. This name was given by an adversary of the theory (Fred Hoyle) to make fun of the theory and to confuse people. It worked, because there are people who still think there was an actual explosion.

No explosion. Just an expansion that is still going on (in other words, we are still inside the Big Bang).
        Last edited by BigNuts; 05-02-2016, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud View Post

"what does death feel like" is a better question because it's on the same level as "what was there before the big bang".

We do not know the answer to either because we exist, while those two questions deal with non existence.

No living entity can fathom nor understand non existence. Many think it means eternal sleep, but eternal sleep is still existing.

It's a better question than what happens to us when we die, because we can at least theorize what happens when we die. (my theory was posted earlier)

As for my take on God, I believe this entire universe is God as God was God before there was a universe. I don't believe God is a being or a spirit of some sort at all, but rather both existence and non existence, something people cannot even begin to grasp nor understand.

I feel that we were put on this planet by higher beings (the same beings that are in those metallic flying saucers), what people capture on video and pictures known as ufo's. There are people that SWEAR up and down these beings have abducted them and have had sperm and eggs taken from them. I believe these beings are using those sperm and eggs to populate other planets like they have done with this one. These "aliens" are not creators at all, but merely playing the part of God, simply because they can and we can't do anything to stop what they are doing. But the truth of the matter is they are just as much in the dark as we are as to what God really is, because the question comes down to: who created the "aliens"? Something obviously had to create them because they exist.

I believe these beings gave us the bible. In Genesis 1:26 it states "Let US make mankind in OUR image, in OUR likeness" People can believe what they want about this verse, but I believe it shows that these beings are playing the role of God and in their structure/race whatever, there is a group of these beings that call themselves God.

All throughout the bible there are instances of alien technology.

1. Virgin Mary = artificial insemination
          2. The burning bush that didn't burn on mount sinai
          3. Ezekiel saw a "wheel within a wheel" which was obviously a flying saucer
          4. Moses parting the red sea for his people to escape pharoah was obviously ufo technology. (there have been numerous reports from people seeing saucers above rivers and lakes parting the waters and flying off)
          5. Elijah being taken to heaven in a "Chariot of Fire" (it was the best way to describe the saucer in those days)

There's a lot more examples in the bible, but those will do.

these beings aren't God, but merely playing the part of God. In reality, they are just as much in the dark as we are. There is no heaven and hell, because if there was, these beings are going to these places as well, right? The funny thing about it is, humans try to play the part of God as well.

Also, there are tons of cases of kids that say they can remember their past lives and go into great detail about them. There was one kid who said he fought in ww2 and went into so much detail about it, that no one else could possibly know if it was true until it was verified. There are plenty of cases just like his.
          Last edited by BigNuts; 05-02-2016, 10:37 AM.

Comment

And no, I am neither high nor drunk when I wrote that as I have never smoked weed or have done drugs in my entire life and I don't drink.

My mind is clear. I'm just an extremely observant and curious individual.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sboxingrules View Post
              that is the deepest theory I have ever heard about death and I have heard a lot of theories. yours seems to make the most sense. i never thought about it that way.
              I thought that was pretty much standard what he said.

I don't know what you Americans smoke sometimes lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                I thought that was pretty much standard what he said.

I don't know what you Americans smoke sometimes lol.
                he means reincarnation but he broke it down in a way i never seen explained before

Comment

Orgasmic chemistry is my favourite subject!

Comment

"what does death feel like" is a better question because it's on the same level as "what was there before the big bang".
                    What was before the big bang is trying to deal with what caused the big bang. But what does death feel like seems nonsensical because by definition we cannot feel anything when we are dead.

It's a better question than what happens to us when we die, because we can at least theorize what happens when we die. (my theory was posted earlier)
                    Did you mean at least we can theorise what death feels like?

As for my take on God, I believe this entire universe is God as God was God before there was a universe. I don't believe God is a being or a spirit of some sort at all, but rather both existence and non existence, something people cannot even begin to grasp nor understand.

I feel that we were put on this planet by higher beings (the same beings that are in those metallic flying saucers), what people capture on video and pictures known as ufo's. There are people that SWEAR up and down these beings have abducted them and have had sperm and eggs taken from them. I believe these beings are using those sperm and eggs to populate other planets like they have done with this one. These "aliens" are not creators at all, but merely playing the part of God, simply because they can and we can't do anything to stop what they are doing. But the truth of the matter is they are just as much in the dark as we are as to what God really is, because the question comes down to: who created the "aliens"? Something obviously had to create them because they exist.

I believe these beings gave us the bible. In Genesis 1:26 it states "Let US make mankind in OUR image, in OUR likeness" People can believe what they want about this verse, but I believe it shows that these beings are playing the role of God and in their structure/race whatever, there is a group of these beings that call themselves God.

All throughout the bible there are instances of alien technology.

1. Virgin Mary = artificial insemination
                    2. The burning bush that didn't burn on mount sinai
                    3. Ezekiel saw a "wheel within a wheel" which was obviously a flying saucer
                    4. Moses parting the red sea for his people to escape pharoah was obviously ufo technology. (there have been numerous reports from people seeing saucers above rivers and lakes parting the waters and flying off)
                    5. Elijah being taken to heaven in a "Chariot of Fire" (it was the best way to describe the saucer in those days)

There's a lot more examples in the bible, but those will do.

these beings aren't God, but merely playing the part of God. In reality, they are just as much in the dark as we are. There is no heaven and hell, because if there was, these beings are going to these places as well, right? The funny thing about it is, humans try to play the part of God as well.

Also, there are tons of cases of kids that say they can remember their past lives and go into great detail about them. There was one kid who said he fought in ww2 and went into so much detail about it, that no one else could possibly know if it was true until it was verified. There are plenty of cases just like his.
                    Interesting.
                    Aliens created us, and wrote the bible saying that they are God. But God created them. But God isnt a spirit or being, he is just the universe.
                    And Jesus was a hybrid human/alien.

Comment

Exactly. The big bang theory only explains what happens after expansion begins. It does not even try to explain why the universe was in it's "initial" state of very high energy density.

The big bang theory is based on the observation that the expansion does exist (it is real, we can't ignore it), and that the universe was hotter (and more dense) in the past than it is now.

This can be observed because of the "slow" speed of light. Whenever we look very far (in distance), we also look into the past: because light took time to get here. When we look at galaxies at 1 billion light-years in distance, we are seeing the universe as it was a billion years ago.

The Big Bang theory combines knowledge from many branches of science (physics, chemistry...) so that we can follow the changes that are caused as the average temperature (= energy density) drops with the expansion.

When we use the theory to go back in time (trying to guess how it all started), we get to a point where the temperature is too high -- this is called the Planck Temperature.

We do not know what existed (if anything) before that. What we do know is : at that temperature, matter could not exist, even the forces could not exist. Only pure energy.

But we do know that matter can be made from pure energy (as long as it fits with the famous equation: E = m c^2).

Since we cannot analyze the expansion before that moment, we do not know what was there. Even weirder: according to our calculations, we do not even know if "time" (as we perceive it) existed before that moment.

So we are not even sure if the word "before" makes any sense when we apply it to that moment.

We do not know, and we know that we do not know, and we accept that it is possible that we will never know.

However, science always tries to know. Some scientists are working on possibilities. For example, if the universe really does have more dimensions that the ones we can imagine, then there is a way to go around the problem and find a "before".

The real name of the theory is not Big Bang. This name was given by an adversary of the theory (Fred Hoyle) to make fun of the theory and to confuse people. It worked, because there are people who still think there was an actual explosion.

No explosion. Just an expansion that is still going on (in other words, we are still inside the Big Bang).
                      Cut and paste from Yahoo answers.

Comment

Working...
                      X