Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao vs JMM thread for active Lounge members

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been posting much for a while but...

Man that was a brutal shot that Manny actually leaped into.

I had been saying to everything at the gym that Marquez would win just based on how ripped he looked. I didn't even watch the 24/7's just saw some pics and the weights ins. Plus the fact that they were both saying they wanted knock outs.

Watched like 3 times already. Manny had a chance to finish it in round 5.

Sick fight, Marquez is a legend. I hope he gets some other big fights if he wants to, he sure isn't showing any signs of slowing down even at 39.

I'm pretty sure they are going to fight again.

Comment

as a Pac fan it is sad to see him went out that way...some says it because of the change in religion (Pac refused to kiss the rosary before the fight, ended up kissing the canvas instead)

that being said, that was a very huge win for JMM...much respect for this man

Comment

as i did when pacquiao stretched hatton, i wanted to make sure that pacquiao was OK upon seeing the knockout. he was face down and unconscious, and he wasn't moving. scary stuff. if you're inquiring about my immediate reaction, that was it. shortly thereafter i uttered something along the lines of "wow," or "oh my gosh," loud enough to likely wake my neighbors. then my phone started to blow up with text messages from people who know about my involvement with boxing.

i texted "right in front of mitt romney," to my father, who is in his mid sixties.

pacquiao was very clearly on the downside. i scored the bradley fight for pacquiao, but he wasn't putting it together for 3 minutes of each round, and even when he was giving it 100% it was clear that he had lost some of his speed. last night removed any need to speculate. his resistance to punches was pretty awful. in his prime he ate flush bombs from much better punchers than marquez. credit goes to marquez for timing the perfect right hand shot twice, but there was clearly deterioration in pacquiao.

pacquiao's hands still moved fast last night. his feet didn't look awful, but they weren't working in unison with his hands the way they usually do.

mentally he was still a warrior. a guy with a drive like that will put 110% into whatever he does. usually a shot fighter loses his confidence. manny will always have that. that's why he could still pull the trigger while still having diminished physical skills.

i want manny to retire. he's got so much else going on outside of boxing. that guy could be president of a major country FFS. you don't need to be getting knocked out cold.

marquez is in an odd spot. where does he go? he doesn't want to go backwards. he just knocked manny pacquiao out cold. if he fights, it's going to be with the intent to make HUGE money. we very well may see marquez and mayweather 2, which i don't want to see. if arum has a rematch clause, or he has marquez tied up for his next fight, we won't see mayweather 2. otherwise, that's my guess.

we'll see what arum could afford to pay marquez for fighting rios. i don't think it would be nearly enough, but the man is going to command money now as the A side of a card after knocking manny out cold with a highlight reel right hand.

i STILL don't believe what i saw. it's the end of an era.
        Last edited by New England; 12-09-2012, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
          as a Pac fan it is sad to see him went out that way...some says it because of the change in religion (Pac refused to kiss the rosary before the fight, ended up kissing the canvas instead)

that being said, that was a very huge win for JMM...much respect for this man

the technical monicker for those people is "idiot"

Comment

I expected Marquez to win but Damn! I was not expecting what I saw, i'm still stuck in Wow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              Another one off of my chopping block.

Off the top rope with the ring bell against The Dragon would have been perfect........

God damn so many texts last night instead of calls.

"Ahhhhhhh..... can I wait until after Christmas to pay you?"

I want to hate Jesus Tap Dancing Santa Christmas for slowing down my new project car.

Oh well. I can wait.

I'll just say this ugly ass Fox Body Mustang runs on the tears of Pacquiao fans.

Maybe a personalized plate. "JMMLOLZ".

Comment

Didn't stay up to see it. Watched the replay.

Honestly, it was a good fight but both fighters are showing some serious cracks in their armor - as in they're past their prime. Pacman already in the Bradley fight.

Atleast Pac went out with a bang in a competetive fight and not through a boring 12 round humiliation match that would've been the May fight.

All in all good fight. 1 more show off fight for both and it's time to call it the day.

Comment

Had the same score card as the judges. 47-46 Pac. I felt JMM would KO, but not that quick, and not in such a devastating way. Thank you to both fighters for giving us Boxing fans 4 great fights, and congrats to JMM for putting it all together in this 4th fight.

For those saying Manny jumped into the punch(seeing this alot in NSB), look at the fight again. Im also seeing a few folks talkin bout where did JMM's 1 punch power come from. What did they not see him starch the baby bull???????????? He's been had it.

Such a beautiful trap JMM set, picture perfect counter. Equals "Naptime"!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                    Had the same score card as the judges. 47-46 Pac. I felt JMM would KO, but not that quick, and not in such a devastating way. Thank you to both fighters for giving us Boxing fans 4 great fights, and congrats to JMM for putting it all together in this 4th fight.

For those saying Manny jumped into the punch(seeing this alot in NSB), look at the fight again. Im also seeing a few folks talkin bout where did JMM's 1 punch power come from. What did they not see him starch the baby bull???????????? He's been had it.

Such a beautiful trap JMM set, picture perfect counter. Equals "Naptime"!!!!!!!!!!
                    We was telling them, big homie.

They just wouldn't listen.

Comment

• Pretty shocking, Manny was bossing the round and just walked into a shot he didn't see. Very similar to the shot that he used to starch Hatton only Hatton was hopelessly outmatched in that fight, in this one it was fairly even.

Comment

Working...
                      X