No announcement yet.

Election 2016: Hillary Clinton v Marco Rubio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
    You read it here first. By then, hopefully, I will have my PhD (or close) and be in the USA as a professor in a small New England LAC.

But that is the race when both tickets open up in 2016.*

* Assuming no one dies etc.
    No Contest!!!!

Hillary by a landslide twice {If she should run for re-election}

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
      There is no way Rubio could become the GOP nominee, let alone the president. He's a Cuban American and that's just not going to fly with the party of whites, period. Republicans can't afford to lose a single white vote, and if Rubio somehow emerged from the primaries, many white Republicans either won't vote at all or will support the challenger (assuming he or she is white). That's just how it is, and you're fooling yourself if you believe otherwise.
      Originally posted by Anton.Brilliant View Post
      rubio may be of cuban descent, but he's still white. he'll be as diverse as you can get for them.

Anyhow, the GOP has tons of young talent for 2016. Governors Nikki Haley, Susana Martinez, Bobby Jindal and Scott Walker. Senators Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and Rand Paul and Congressman Paul Ryan.

Interesting factoid, out of 30 Republican Governors, 4 are minorities. Out of 19 Democrat Governors, only 1 is a minority.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post

Anyhow, the GOP has tons of young talent for 2016. Governors Nikki Haley, Susana Martinez, Bobby Jindal and Scott Walker. Senators Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and Rand Paul and Congressman Paul Ryan.

Interesting factoid, out of 30 Republican Governors, 4 are minorities. Out of 19 Democrat Governors, only 1 is a minority.
        I don't think the GOP want Bobby Jindal at the forefront of their party anymore.
        He just didn't give a good impression when he had the chance to follow-up with rebuttals to Obama. In fact, several pundits made mockery\comedy of his expressions and his tone.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
          If not Rubio - I can see no other marketable GOPer. I'd vote for Ron Paul if I could - but he wont try again. If Rubio cant fix it for the GOP - I forsee eons of GOP being in opposition.
          Rand Paul may run. Possibly Chris Christie. Maybe Jeb Bush. Bobby Jindal may, though he won't go far. I don't think any of these guys would get elected, but a lot will change in 4 years' time, and we don't know who the Dems will have, and we don't know what other Republicans will run either.

The Republican Party is pretty bankrupt. They are going to have a hard time I think, and all the better. Now if only the Dems could nominate a true progressive and not just an establishment candidate. Keep dreaming, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
            that is amazing.

boby jindal for president. I'd love to see that.

Comment

I know M.A Rubio isn't a world beater but he'll have the beating of Clinton before round 8.

Comment

Working...
              X