Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dmitry Pirog is the real test for Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pirog has no belt, he is inactive, coming off an injury, his best win is over a prospect suffering from spinal cancer and he has no fanbase.

Why would Sergio fight him? Would he get any credit at all?

Bigger & better things out there than Pirog.

Comment

Whoever the ****ty manager of Pirog is needs to be shot. Absolutely wasted and ruined what could have been a great talent. He's already 32 now! What more do you need to wait for to realise that you just have to take what you get sometimes in order to demand big money later as you prove yourself to be a top five guy.

Every decent fight he's had, he has then gone into hibernation and is then consequently forgotten about. He had so much hype going after Jacobs and didn't fight for nearly a year afterward. I really enjoy watching him fight but he's just one of those very talented guys that completely and utterly wastes his career.

Someone close to him needs to let him know he just has to get his ****ing ass in the mix and fight way more often if he wants anything resembling a decent career.
      Last edited by BennyST; 09-20-2012, 04:07 AM.

Comment

I think he needs to target Golovkin, who he has a good chance at beating IMO (Golovkin is getting a tad overrated here). There will be good demand for Sergio to fight the winner of that potential match up and I'm sure HBO would love it.

Comment

I just want Pirog to be in a credible fight again.

He's got a few years left before it's over, needs to make the most of it!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            I think Golovkin-Pirog will happen next.

If it does Sergio will never have to worry about Pirog.
            This right here.

Comment

Originally posted by HolyOrdeal
              It;'s crazy how people were calling Jacobs overrated (which he was) then overate the guy who beat him.....

What HAS Pirog done cept for duck his mandatory bouts against N J'Kam and Golovkin?

Martinez KO's this coward easy
              When were they calling Jacobs overrated, after he got upset by Pirog? Cause before that he was everyone's POY, best thing outta Brooklyn since Tyson etc

When was NJikam his mandatory? He went straight from unranked to WBO interim champ. When was GG his mandatory LOL? Get informed

Comment

To be real, there's no incentive to fight Pirog next. Hopefully, Pirog gets a shot at the winner of N'Jikam/Quillin for the WBO belt, cuz he was forced to vacate so he could fight Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                  pirog is to martinez what rigo is to donaire...somewhat demanded fight with the p4p fighters not getting anything much out of a possible win
                  At least Rigo still holds a belt and hasn't had any injuries.

Comment

Pirog needs to fight and beat a contender to get some momentum back.

Comment

Working...
                    X