Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was a prime Wladimir Klitschko one of the most effective boxers of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was a prime Wladimir Klitschko one of the most effective boxers of all time?

I feel if a prime Wlad was dropped in amongst the Heavyweight division today, he would clean up just like he did a decade or so ago. People say he was boring, but that was only because his contests were in no way competitive. He developed a style which neutralized his opponents' best attributes time and time again. It was incredibly effective. It was only after he started winding down in his late 30s and seemed to become gun-shy that he got toppled.

Yes. Once he hit his prime he went on a hell of a win streak beating all worthy challengers with ease and mostly by KO for so many years.His opponents weren't weak. He just made them look weak He had a great left jab and terrific power in both hands. He was boring and held too much but he usually ended fights with a crushing not boring KO. I think a prime Wlad would beat all of today's heavyweights unless this new guy Dubois or what ever his name is turns out to be greater.

Comment

uhmm NO!!! we all saw what lewis did to him in his prime. dumb thread

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
        they never fought

Comment

I feel like a slick southpaw with power like Ortiz would have beaten prime Wlad.

Yes, Wlad was very effective with the Jab,Cross, tied up inside, but if a southpaw can fire from the outside like Ortiz could, then it would land and drop him. Wlad is/was/always will be chinny.

Comment

yeah against smaller guys in his prime he was pretty much unbeatable with the **** the refs let him get away with in germany, jab jab grab and lean until they tired/gave up. i dont think he looked much different against joshua or fury in my opinion, he just fought people with a bit of skill who he couldnt bully in the clinches. he wasnt gunshy against fury he just literally didnt know what to do against someone who was bigger and fought on the backfoot, the robot malfunctioned.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              they never fought
              damnn im batting a thousand today.. im wrong again he fight vitali?

Comment

Edited; I'm going to be nice today.
                Last edited by Redd Foxx; 08-18-2018, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I think a prime Wlad would dominate today. Hell, a 40 year old, mentally broken Wlad gave the supposed "best" HW of today a near 50/50 fight.
                  I hated his style but have to respect that the guy's technique was masterful when it comes to purely getting Ws.

Comment

damnn im batting a thousand today.. im wrong again he fight vitali?
                    yep..................

Comment

Working...
                    X