Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are your most personal favorite boxers who started boxing at a later age...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are your most personal favorite boxers who started boxing at a later age...

than the usual age that most world class boxers start?

Mine would be Larry Holmes and Rocky Marciano. Holmes started boxing when he was 19 years old and turned pro at age 24(almost 25) with a short amateur record of 19-3 and Marciano started boxing at age 22(also nearly 25) with a very short amateur record of 9-4 during his time in the US Army.
    Last edited by JLGLeo1995; 08-18-2018, 05:45 PM.

Dwight Qawi.

Comment

Ken Norton

Comment

Marciano that I can recall of the Johnny-come-latelys. Who was technically best of the Johnny-come-latelys, is an interesting question?

Comment

Originally posted by JLGLeo1995 View Post
          than the usual age that most world class boxers start?

Mine would be Larry Holmes and Rocky Marciano. Holmes started boxing when he was 19 years old and turned pro at at age 24(almost 25) with a short amateur record of 19-3 and Marciano started boxing at age 22(also nearly 25) with a very short amateur record of 9-4 during his time in the US Army.
          I like these 2 as well. And I believe Bernard Hopkins started late after being trained and competing in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            I like these 2 as well. And I believe Bernard Hopkins started late after being trained and competing in prison.
            Heard Bernard did some boxing as a youth but didn't take it seriously because he was caught up in the street life

Comment

Dwight Braxton

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                I can't remember which fighter, but someone currently didn't start boxing until their 20s and has no amateur fights.

Not sure if its Prograis or someone else.

Comment

Bernard hopkins started at 23

Comment

Did Greg Haugen start doing tough man competitions in Washington state, not sure if he had much of an amateur career.

Comment

Working...
                    X