No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn was involved in the Golden Boy/DAZN deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    It is some IFL video not Fighthype. He wasn't clear but made it seem like he was trying to get a deal for Canelo, but said GBP was bringing the rest of the stable with them and if this was Joshua, he wouldn't need anyone else he would just make a deal straight with the platform. Watch the video and tell me if that is what you took away from it as well. That to me alludes to him originally just wanting Canelo and trying to cut some deal, but GBP then would want their own dates for their fighters so they got a separate deal for themselves with DAZN.

sounds to me like he spoke to gomez for canelo... DAZN told him to up the offer.. it then became clear that GBP wanted dates for their other fighters so john skipper got involved to deal with GBP and give them dates and sort out a guarantee for canelo with those dates, and then he .. GBP and hearn all sat down and sorted out who got what and how many dates so everyone could work in unison.

The takeaway from that is "DAZN told me to improve the offer" so at some stage DAZN asked Eddie to initiate bringing canelo over, when it became clear GBP comes with canelo, skipper got involved and offered them something.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
      sounds to me like he spoke to gomez for canelo... DAZN told him to up the offer.. it then became clear that GBP wanted dates for their other fighters so john skipper got involved to deal with GBP and give them dates and sort out a guarantee for canelo with those dates, and then he .. GBP and hearn all sat down and sorted out who got what and how many dates so everyone could work in unison.

The takeaway from that is "DAZN told me to improve the offer" so at some stage DAZN asked Eddie to initiate bringing canelo over, when it became clear GBP comes with canelo, skipper got involved and offered them something.
      Correct, what Hearn sat down with and was trying to hammer down is not what Golden Boy ended up doing. They instead of just getting a deal for Canelo wanted a deal for others to so they cut the middle man out and negotiated directly with DAZN. Hence, why it was reported by damn near everyone that Hearn wasn't involved. Make no mistake, Golden Boy was adamant to get this out to the public and that is why everyone reported that.

I do wonder what Hearn was originally planning. To do some co-promotional deal on Canelo fights? To give two of his dates up to GBP for Canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
        People are so butthurt at the thought of Hearn being involved it’s hilarious to see
        I keep seeing the same faces too, it's like a daily campaign for them

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          Plenty of managers lie, but lying to the public isn't their literal job description like it is for a promoter. A promoter's literal profession is to lie to the public to make them want to buy an event.
          That is just crass garbage. I'm actually a little disapointed in you for being so silly!

Where have you seen the job description of a boxing promoter?

Show it to me. And if lying to the public is literally part of that description, then you should have no trouble showing me where that part is.

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          If Hearn and Finkel contradict each other, it's more likely Finkel is telling the truth since Hearn is a pathological liar and Finkel isn't, but that doesn't mean I would automatically accept something as true just because Finkel said it. Unlike Hearn, Finkel goes out of his way to back up his positions with evidence and he's shown the emails from the negotiations to enough US reporters at this point that the American press is aware Hearn was lying through his teeth.
          World of Boxing in Russia, K2 in both Ukraine and the US, GBP, Sauerland promotions, Duco Events in NZ, Sky Sports, Perform Group and DAZN ... even Haymon and DiBella ... are just a few of the many who have done business with Hearn and come away happy.

None of the hundreds of fighters he has dealt with over the years have ever accused him of lying to them either.

How could it be possible for a pathological liar to have a CV like that without ever being sued or even accused of lying by anybody .. except Finkel, Wilder and their minions?

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
            Well that explains it because my very short history here with him seemed like he was some sort of troll just because his views were so way off ,now I see why . i'll be sure to stay away and not waste my time, then again I don't like false information when I see it so I might have to respond. Ha
            Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Am shocked you are bothering yourself with this spin doctor lol, the moment I knew he was a troll was the moment I place him on the ignore list. Did you see what he tried to do there with the “Hearn admitting to the date been in April” lol
            He knows a lot about how boxing works, and a lot about the history of the sport. He answers questions and posts info for people, and a lot of the time, what he says is genuine, so they trust him.

But he obviously has an anti Hearn/Matchroom agenda, and I don't want people to be mislead when he starts posting bullshit. That's the only reason I respond to him.
            Last edited by kafkod; 10-19-2018, 01:50 PM.

Comment

But again, what does this have to do with SHO being greedy and Joshua's fights being aired on PPV in the states? That simply isn't true. If he fought Miller, it would be UK PPV and on regular SHO. Only fight that would be on PPV would be against Wilder.

And I question if there will be millions of subscribers for DAZN. Remember, ESPN+ barely eclipsed a million a month or so ago and it has NFL/NBA/Italian Series A league/MLS/MLB/NCAA/etc. DAZN just has boxing and MMA. Boxing fans aren't going to drive up the subscribers, even for Canelo.

Hearn's theory of 1.1 million PPV buyers for GGG equates to 1.1 million DAZN subscribers is just not true. Make no mistake though, Canelo is the first needle move for DAZN and will help increase the subs. But a million? Lets take it a bit easy there.
              If a million+ fans paid $80 for Canelo/GGG .. why wouldn't they pay $9.99 for Canelo/Anybody .. and stay to watch the other big fights that DAZN are going to be showing?

Comment

But again, what does this have to do with SHO being greedy and Joshua's fights being aired on PPV in the states? That simply isn't true. If he fought Miller, it would be UK PPV and on regular SHO. Only fight that would be on PPV would be against Wilder.

And I question if there will be millions of subscribers for DAZN. Remember, ESPN+ barely eclipsed a million a month or so ago and it has NFL/NBA/Italian Series A league/MLS/MLB/NCAA/etc. DAZN just has boxing and MMA. Boxing fans aren't going to drive up the subscribers, even for Canelo.

Hearn's theory of 1.1 million PPV buyers for GGG equates to 1.1 million DAZN subscribers is just not true. Make no mistake though, Canelo is the first needle move for DAZN and will help increase the subs. But a million? Lets take it a bit easy there.
                If a million+ fans paid $80 for Canelo/GGG .. why wouldn't they pay $9.99 for Canelo/Anybody .. and stay to watch the other big fights that DAZN are going to be showing?

I'm in the UK, and if DAZN was available here I would definitely be a subscriber.

Comment

Why is this even thread worthy?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Because that fight also involved GGG and was the biggest fight in boxing? Because a solid chunk of those buyers don't know how to bring DAZN to their television sets? Because they don't want to continue paying $10 bucks a month for boxing when they see just casual fans? Boxing isn't a big enough where you can just guarantee a million subscribers. What I recommend is what WWE does with their PPVs. They allow you to purchase it from your cable/satelite station for those who don't have/want the WWE network.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

I'm in the UK, and if DAZN was available here I would definitely be a subscriber.
                      As for your last part, you are more than a casual fan. I subscribed the day it became available stateside but casuals only care for a few fights/fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X