Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Canelo have the best resume of active(prime) boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    I'm just not sure how impressive those wins are. Mosley was shot and just a name. That's a nothing win. Same with Chavez, Cintron, Kirkland. Khan was way too small and not that good anyway. With the exception of Mosley (about 10-15 years prior) and Khan those just weren't even that good in their primes.

Trout was solid but many believe he lost. Lara is good but most think he lost that one too. Cotto was an ok win but Cotto was clearly much smaller and far past his best. Sometimes a good win isn't just a "big name". Cotto did a lot better than he really should have.

GGG? Meh. Most the people celebrating Canelo's greatness said GGG sucks and was a terrible fighter even in his prime. A "draw" in a bad decision and a hotly debated "win" over GGG closer to 40 than 30 isn't that good when you factor in how bad a fighter GGG is/was.
    LMFAO, then name someone who has a better resume.

The cartel is waiting

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
      Are you seriously doing this? Like we can't pick apart anyone's resume if we try hard enough? Stop it.
      Yes, you can but when you've got 3-4 fights that A LOT of people think you lost (I'd say the majority had him losing 3) then that's easier to pick apart. Using Mosley's name to prop up Canelo's resume is worthless.

Comment

it's a long list of names, but you have to factor in where they were at. He does have a good resume though.

i don't think any prime active boxer has a great resume right now. Sor Rungvisai is building a nice resume with wins over Gonzalez and Estrada, but too many very low level fighters on, as is the case when you fight in Thailand, but at least he's adding top fighters around his weight class too.

Comment

If you go by names, it looks cool.. but Liam Smith is a better win than half the names OP listed.

I don't even think Kirkland or Angulo could properly operate a vehicle by the time they fought Canelo.

Comment

People saying it isn't that good but naming nobody who they believe has a better resume.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              That was a prime Mosely? I never knew that.
              Who said Mosley was prime?? I was asking did Canelo have the best resume among (PRIME BOXERS)

Comment

so gary when canelo fights charlo who's dick u going to suck

Comment

Yes, you can but when you've got 3-4 fights that A LOT of people think you lost (I'd say the majority had him losing 3) then that's easier to pick apart. Using Mosley's name to prop up Canelo's resume is worthless.
                  lol good post chris. when pacquiao fought mosely, it was trash, but canelo fights mosely, it's a nice win lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
                    so gary when canelo fights charlo who's dick u going to suck
                    I guess you think I am a racist like you..Canelo is a far better boxer then Charlo and will beat him..It will be a damn good fight between 2 prime boxers..but GGG is supposed to fight him next..WILL HE TAKE THE FIGHT?

Comment

Look at this clown your fairy tales and tears mean nothing. I could say GGG fought bums and then stepped up and should of lost to jacobs got a gift should have 2 losses instead of a draw and a loss to canelo. Canelo and Jacobs whooped that hype job and canelo hands down has the better resume and will go down in history as the superior fighter who accomplished more in his career then me 154 or 168 did. But this is what happens to hype jobs when they fight real competition

you end up showing up to the press conference like this

And everyone there is like this

Last edited by bigdunny1; 10-08-2018, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X