Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm beginning to doubt Prime Tyson could have beaten Prime Lewis.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abracada View Post
    Can’t remember the fight in detail as was ages ago, but it showed Tyson had an iron chin, and he landed one blow flush on Lewis’s chin (think left hook) which he would have easily polished Lewis off in Tysons prime but he was shot to goddamn hell in that fight and even then took Lewis biggest punches and actually gave up in the end.
    Remember that while Tyson may have been shot Lewis was also way past prime and older than Tyson. Maybe that flush punch he landed on the old Lewis would not have landed on the prime Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Remember that while Tyson may have been shot Lewis was also way past prime and older than Tyson. Maybe that flush punch he landed on the old Lewis would not have landed on the prime Lewis.
      I’m british so I support Lewis, being impartial about this, Lewis did a lot of shoving, pushing, and holding.

But as I said, can’t recall the details but I do remember thinking that Tyson had gassed about in round 2 and was running on fumes thereafter

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
        Holyfield and Lewis both beat Mike . They just had his number in different ways. Evander had fast hands and could take a great shot . He would counter Mke and he wasnt afraid of Mike. Lewis awas a style matchup nightmare . Jab, right hand , hold.
        The Tyson that crushed Holmes against the Holyfield that laboured twelve with him? The Tyson that flattened Stewart against the Holyfield that fought Cooper? I dont know, primes are so hard to define. Im not sure the Lewis that Steward trained, where we think of hes prime being, was more dangerous than the Lewis who beat Ruddock. But for sure, although Smith and Tucker arent Holyfield and Lewis, the Tyson that boxed them from the outside with a jab, footwork and great headmovement, would be a very different fight for both men.

Comment

Lewis has been koed in his prime. Tyson in his prime beats lewis.

Comment

People have to understand the current dilemma with the modern Heavyweights, some guys are just too big for the weight class.

The Heavyweights from Ali's era were about 215 lbs, in Tyson's era they weighed 220 lbs. Now we have guys that are a solid 250 lbs and over 6'5'' in height, that's a whole new weight class.

So I'll put this plainly, Lennox Lewis is a Super Heavyweight (250 lbs, 6'5''and up) whereas Mike was the standard Heavyweight (220 lbs, 5'10'' - 6'4''). Mike loses even his prime because he was too small for Lennox.

Lennox Lewis, Wladimir Klitschko and Vitali Klitschko changed the Heavyweight game forever, they ushered in the Super Heavyweight class.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Tyson at his very best would have beaten LL a couple of times in 5 fights.
              They could beat each other. But at LL best, maybe Tyson wouldn't beat Lennox. So theres no definite answer. Depend what mood each other is in on the night

This. I can see it going either way.

A lot of people here writing Tyson off, Lennox proved he could be KOed, prime Tyson has that chance to KO anyone.

People are forgetting that Tyson fought Lennox 13 years after Spinks. That Tyson was a shell of even the Tyson that fought Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                There is a reason why Bowe and Tyson ducked Lewis.

Because they knew Lewis had their numbers.

Mentally weak.

Youre forgetting the part where Lewis didnt play with Don King. Don King wouldnt get you a fight with his guys unless you signed a multi fight contract and Lewis was too smart for Don King's bullchit.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  Youre forgetting the part where Lewis didnt play with Don King. Don King wouldnt get you a fight with his guys unless you signed a multi fight contract and Lewis was too smart for Don King's bullchit.

Tyson and Bowe both gave up their belts rather than fight Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
                    Why, because Jim Lampley said it?

Prime Tyson would have been kryptonite to Lewis. Post-prison 90's Tyson was a shell of his former self (flat-footed, plodding, no combinations), and the guy who eventually did fight Lewis was a shell of a shell.
                    It's weird that Lampley didn't mention his stint in prison, his domestic problems, change of trainer....like it never happened.

Yet go watch the post-fight interview between him and Merchant after Douglas beat Tyson and Lampley says that "That wasn't Tyson in there for who head movement was important, I do believe the change of trainer affected him..." Said it right into the camera. He's getting senile.

Comment

Would be a good fight but i got lewis at any point due to height n size

Comment

Working...
                      X