Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Floyd would have been able to take rounds off Hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    Like what? You are delusional if Floyd win with a jabbing contest against Hearns. No one in history have out boxed hearns in 1 roud, out fought yes, but never had he lost to being out boxed.
    He outboxed Leonard and Benitez. Benitez was a defensive wizard.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      Like what? You are delusional if Floyd win with a jabbing contest against Hearns. No one in history have out boxed hearns in 1 roud, out fought yes, but never had he lost to being out boxed.
      Hearns was a freak of nature. No one outboxes him and Floyd would have nothing to keep that power at bay with, let alone the jab. Hearns would realize after the end of the first round that Floyd would be incapable of hurting him and would come out for round two on and throw a fuck storm of jabs and booming right hands at Floyd. That right hand that Mosley rocked Floyd with and the way Corley wobbled Floyd with were pea shooters compared to Hearns canon.
      Last edited by richardt; 11-17-2017, 11:06 AM.

Comment

I'd enjoy how posters would denigrate Hearns after the fight if Floyd actually won.

"Hearns sucks" "he was already KTFO be Leonard and Hgaler so he was shot"

It would be a very tough fight. I do think Floyd would win rounds. I don't think he'd win enough to win the fight.

Comment

Placing Mayweather in with ATG welters is ridiculous!
          He has about 12 fights at 147 and has NO power, refused to punch in combination and ran against anyone with a pulse.
          Hearns destroys Mayweather in a few rounds once he gets distance and Mayweather gets trapped.

Floyd Mayweather is NOT an ATG at welterweight he isn't in the top twenty and if you don't know that your just not a knowledgeable history fan. The guy has NO Power can you understand that against the greats they just walk him down and beat him up!
          A prime Armstrong and Duran beat the living hell out of him, he can't HURT them!
          Robinson
          Gavilan
          Basilo
          Leonard
          Griffith
          Napoles
          Britton
          Lewis
          Trinidad
          Walker
          Burley
          Walcott
          Ross
          Curry
          Starling
          Angott
          Zivic

Then there are me3n like Dykes and Zanelli and Ortega that would chase Mayweather all over the ring because he'd be running like a track star.

When you can't hit hard and often in the welter division your in big trouble against the all time greats. E#ven the next tier of talents will get you in trouble when they bring desire and a no BS attitude to the ring.

Mayweathers best was at 130 when he had better power and a two handed attack.
          His 11 or 12 bouts at welter against past prime welters and lightweights doesn't justify a high ranking.
          His 50-0 record is just numbers. Who did he beat and when did he beat them. 11-0 isn't exactly a chest pumping record.

You saw a determined Duran move to 47 in the first Leonard fight. When did you ever see Mayweather fight like that at welter? Thats right never!
          Mean, determined, aggressive, high work rate, two handed attack.............more like move away, counter with one punch move again, tie up and NEVER punch with the opponent.
          Oh yeah who picked his opponents? Who was the promotion who was the matchmaker and picked the venue and you saw who judged, refereed and called all the shots.

Businessman, one of the best if not the best!
          Even at 130lbs he would have his hands full with the top fifteen.

The biggest purse fight of all time was one of the worst title fights EVER.
          Stop the nonsense that this guy is a great welter,
          he has NO POWER!!! Try to understand that.

Ray

Comment

Hearns is just a bad match up for him. I mean didn't Floyd avoid Paul Williams.

Comment

Not at all Eddie is 6'7 and has Tony Bellew to help him prepare for the much smaller Floyd . FAST Eddie would make Floyd work until Mayweather clips him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I'd enjoy how posters would denigrate Hearns after the fight if Floyd actually won.

It would be a very tough fight. I do think Floyd would win rounds. I don't think he'd win enough to win the fight.
                People are idiots they think ATG is a SKILL . They havent grasped that its a LABLE that you earn in your OWN era ,which Floyd has done .

Only a fool thinks this fight isnt competitive before a K.O happens no matter who you think would win,i would take Hearns personally . And if Mayweather took off rnds against Hearns he would get knocked out for sure .
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-17-2017, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Hearns is all wrong for him. I'd pick Hearns more times than not.

Comment

I do not stand as one of the big Floyd advocates, imo he makes ATG but fair to middlin ATG. BUT lets be fair to the guy, Hearns was too big for Floyd. So were all the kings, perhaps with the exception of a prime lightweight Duran, who imo would beat Floyd like a drum...No not really, it would be a great fight and close, but I think Duran wins it. Floyd was great and susceptible to pressure fighters, Duran was a puncher who could cut the ring off and apply pressure over the long hall and make you pay for any mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Unfortunately we are talking human nature and its not only Floyd. Ward catches it in spades as well. He goes out and puts on a clinic against one of the pound for pound guys at the time, and suddenly Dawson is a mere skeleton. And what gets me is that people don't bother watching the fight. Floyd's legacy should not hinge on his performance at Welter, he had problems with mediocre guys who could pressure like Madanna, how would he beat one of the best. Lets see him at lightweight 130-35 against some of the best.

Comment

Working...
                      X