Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2020, 03:10 PM #1
Motorcity Cobra Motorcity Cobra is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 32,505
Quoted: 25297 Post(s)
Rep Power: 71
Motorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 654,059.32
Bank: 129,392.83
Total Points: 783,452.15
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
for keeping us informed...thanks for your efforts - jazluvr to celebrate the life of Roy Hargrove - jazluvr Your reparations - Robbie Barrett Enjoy your ban, bum. Maybe get a job since you're not busy making 1,000 posts a day. - Bob Haymon 
Default Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day!

Dr. King's legacy has really been whitewashed. Everyone can recite that line from the I have a dream speech and claim Dr. King wanted people judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. That was early in the revolution. When Dr. King was still naive about white America as a whole. So I want to focus on the latter part of his life. The part that doesn't get talked about a lot. When Dr. King was assassinated by the government he had a public disapproval rating of 75%!! Seems impossible now because of the way his legacy has been whitewashed. In his latter years Dr. King became a revolutionary. And he realized his dream of integration may actually be a nightmare

Quote:
“I’ve come upon something that disturbs me deeply. We have fought hard and long for integration, as I believe we should have, and I know we will win, but I have come to believe that we are integrating into a burning house. I’m afraid that America has lost the moral vision she may have had, and I’m afraid that even as we integrate, we are walking into a place that does not understand that this nation needs to be deeply concerned with the plight of the poor and disenfranchised. Until we commit ourselves to ensuring that the underclass is given justice and opportunity, we will continue to perpetuate the anger and violence that tears the soul of this nation. I fear I am integrating my people into a burning house.”
He was vehemently against the Vietnam war, which wasn't a popular stance to take back then. In hindsight he was 100% correct

Quote:
King’s vision of a “revolution in values” was not purely domestic. In April 1967, he denounced American involvement in Vietnam, once at his own Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta and once at Riverside Church in New York before 3,000 people, on April 4, precisely a year before he was killed. He decried the hypocrisy of sending young black men “eight thousand miles to guarantee liberties in Southeast Asia which they had not found in Southwest Georgia or East Harlem.” Beyond that lay the painful irony of seeing them join white soldiers, with whom they could “hardly live on the same block in Chicago or Atlanta,” in “brutal solidarity” as they torched “the huts of a poor village.” In this they were, however unwittingly, agents of a U.S. policy that destroyed and depopulated the countryside, forcing its former inhabitants to take refuge in cities teeming with “hundreds of thousands of homeless children” who were “running in packs on the streets like animals.”
Dr King even supported urban uprisings

Quote:
“Urban riots must now be recognized as durable social phenomena,” King suggested during his “Role of the Behavioral Scientist in the Civil Rights Movement” dissertation at the American Psychology Associations’ annual convention in Washington, D.C, on Sept. 1, 1967. “They may be deplored, but they are there and should be understood. Urban riots are a special form of violence. They are not insurrections. The rioters are not seeking to seize territory or to attain control of institutions. They are mainly intended to shock the [Caucasian] community. They are a distorted form of social protest. The looting, which is their principal feature, serves many functions.”

He added, “Let us say boldly that if the violations of law by the [Caucasian] man in the slums over the years were calculated and compared with the law-breaking of a few days of riots, the hardened criminal would be the [Caucasian] man. These are often difficult things to say, but I have come to see more and more that it is necessary to utter the truth in order to deal with the great problems that we face in our society.”
He also called for reparations and for poor whites to join with black people

Quote:
King sat for a Playboy interview with Alex Haley, in which he endorsed a massive federal aid program for blacks. Its whopping $50 billion price tag was, he pointed out, less than annual U.S. spending for defense. Such an expenditure, he argued, would be more than justified in “a spectacular decline” in “school dropouts, family breakups, crime rates, illegitimacy, swollen relief rolls, rioting, and other social evils.” Many poor whites were “in the very same boat with the Negro,” he added, and if they could be persuaded to join forces with blacks, they could form “a grand alliance” and “exert massive pressure on the Government to get jobs for all.” King had made passing allusions to this possibility before, but a straightforward call for an active biracial coalition of have-nots was just as terrifying to white ruling elites, be they on Peachtree Street or Wall Street, as it had been when raised by the Populists in the 1890s.
When Dr. King became getting into class warfare issues is when he was killed. Remember he was killed in Memphis during a labor march. Not a racial civil rights issue. And when he called for poor people of all colors to join together is when he became a problem America had to get rid of.

This is an interview given less than a year before his assassination. This is the Dr. King I like to remember





Motorcity Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:23 PM #2
Motorcity Cobra Motorcity Cobra is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 32,505
Quoted: 25297 Post(s)
Rep Power: 71
Motorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 654,059.32
Bank: 129,392.83
Total Points: 783,452.15
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
for keeping us informed...thanks for your efforts - jazluvr to celebrate the life of Roy Hargrove - jazluvr Your reparations - Robbie Barrett Enjoy your ban, bum. Maybe get a job since you're not busy making 1,000 posts a day. - Bob Haymon 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
Dr. King's legacy has really been whitewashed. Everyone can recite that line from the I have a dream speech and claim Dr. King wanted people judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. That was early in the revolution. When Dr. King was still naive about white America as a whole. So I want to focus on the latter part of his life. The part that doesn't get talked about a lot. When Dr. King was assassinated by the government he had a public disapproval rating of 75%!! Seems impossible now because of the way his legacy has been whitewashed. In his latter years Dr. King became a revolutionary. And he realized his dream of integration may actually be a nightmare



He was vehemently against the Vietnam war, which wasn't a popular stance to take back then. In hindsight he was 100% correct



Dr King even supported urban uprisings



He also called for reparations and for poor whites to join with black people



When Dr. King became getting into class warfare issues is when he was killed. Remember he was killed in Memphis during a labor march. Not a racial civil rights issue. And when he called for poor people of all colors to join together is when he became a problem America had to get rid of.

This is an interview given less than a year before his assassination. This is the Dr. King I like to remember





Here is that full interview. Dr King was tired of playing respectable negro politics

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
Motorcity Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:31 PM #3
Motorcity Cobra Motorcity Cobra is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 32,505
Quoted: 25297 Post(s)
Rep Power: 71
Motorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 654,059.32
Bank: 129,392.83
Total Points: 783,452.15
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
for keeping us informed...thanks for your efforts - jazluvr to celebrate the life of Roy Hargrove - jazluvr Your reparations - Robbie Barrett Enjoy your ban, bum. Maybe get a job since you're not busy making 1,000 posts a day. - Bob Haymon 
Default

Damn the haters gave MLK Jr thread one star
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Motorcity Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:48 PM #4
Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury is offline
White Taxpayer!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 3,953
Quoted: 1554 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23
Fists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 32,963.43
Bank: 1,382.91
Total Points: 34,346.34
have some grub - mathed Lol cheers bud...see it's still possible for a Floyd & Manny fan to get along - Mike D appreciate that :beerchug: - -jose- 
Default

Did he ever call out Africa for enslaving their own people and selling them to Arabs and Spaniards before Europeans bought them and took all the blame for slavery?
Fists_of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:35 PM #5
Vlad_ Vlad_ is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 10,533
Quoted: 6162 Post(s)
Rep Power: 37
Vlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 8,541.87
Bank: 547,636.80
Total Points: 556,178.67
Mayweather Children Charity Foundation Medal - Mike D Good posts. Keep them coming. - 1bad65 Cheers, good sir! - Tony Trick-Pony Nice posting, bruh... - Tony Trick-Pony Thanx For The Interesting Conversation! - S7V7N 
Cheers, bruh... - Tony Trick-Pony For the cleanup after watching rumps rally! - Taaj Manzoor Ran out of greens, brother. Here's an American lagar. - Santa_ 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
Did he ever call out Africa for enslaving their own people and selling them to Arabs and Spaniards before Europeans bought them and took all the blame for slavery?
Shhh. Let’s not get facts get in the way of criticizing white people and blame them for everything bad in the world...
Vlad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:52 PM #6
Szef Szef is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 14,814
Quoted: 5579 Post(s)
Rep Power: 104
Szef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 59,402.97
Bank: 98,064.89
Total Points: 157,467.86
No Message - Scott Weiland TO A FUNNY POSTER - jas lol - -jose- No Message - RwK No Message - RwK 
It's not a donut.It's a co.ck ring.For future escapades.Love Hugh.P.S You'll thank me later. - HughJass Merry Xmas bro. - HughJass thanks for the compliment, i am not hilarious, lol, i think things i say are hilarious because they are true, when somebody tries to argue against the truth, it makes my logic even more hilarious because people tend to get so mad over a fact, it caus - Tha_Greatest Happy New Year bro - HughJass Will bring ye luck - Rocky... 
cake from your 5,000th post party - Mike D Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas - TBear Niech Żyje Polska - -Weltschmerz- 
Merry Christmas - TBear For making stupid comments - Mr McDowell garbage poster - steve j Have a Żywiec... - BoxingFan85 "Location: Ancient Egypt." Lmaaaaooooooo - P.K Dionysus 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - 1hourRun 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
Did he ever call out Africa for enslaving their own people and selling them to Arabs and Spaniards before Europeans bought them and took all the blame for slavery?
Why do people always bring this 'argument' up?

Martin Luther King wasn't alive at the time of the slave trade, he was alive when black people were no longer slaves, but they were still victims of discrimination and basically were second class citizens. He was trying to change the present, not the past.
Szef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:53 PM #7
Motorcity Cobra Motorcity Cobra is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 32,505
Quoted: 25297 Post(s)
Rep Power: 71
Motorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 654,059.32
Bank: 129,392.83
Total Points: 783,452.15
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
for keeping us informed...thanks for your efforts - jazluvr to celebrate the life of Roy Hargrove - jazluvr Your reparations - Robbie Barrett Enjoy your ban, bum. Maybe get a job since you're not busy making 1,000 posts a day. - Bob Haymon 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
Did he ever call out Africa for enslaving their own people and selling them to Arabs and Spaniards before Europeans bought them and took all the blame for slavery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad_ View Post
Shhh. Let’s not get facts get in the way of criticizing white people and blame them for everything bad in the world...
:lol:1: :lol:1:

Typical. If this was a kumbuya MLK thread that painted Dr King as a hat in hand negro begging for white acceptance, you all would be reciting the only passage you know from the I have a dream speech.
Motorcity Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:04 PM #8
Left Hook Tua Left Hook Tua is offline
MAMBA OUT
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LOS ANGELES
Posts: 84,145
Quoted: 5033 Post(s)
Rep Power: 262
Left Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond reputeLeft Hook Tua has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 43,436.65
Bank: 613,702.37
Total Points: 657,139.02
*mwah* - led Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Merry Christmas Tua - TBear Happy new year! - Toney Loc You gave me giggles, I give you cookie, isn't the world a grand ol' place? :) - *Boss Lady* 
Your sammich, sweetcheeks. - *Boss Lady* Welcome back sammich, good sir. - Bossy Welcome back - Mike Tyson77 cheers chong - MaD vEiN red horse - MaD vEiN 
Cheers bro - dan_cov Happy holidays bro! - led* Post more pics of pizza. - ShaunRoberts Was that a Pizza Hut/Domino's job or a local? - ShaunRoberts No Message - Fresno 
Spread love not war - Trudoe your penis is too small to satisfy a woman - Freedom. Bernie Sanders 2016 - ßringer Props - Agent Mulder Merry Christmas Tua - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Scientist Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Pretty Boy32 Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - killakali Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - LeeVanCleef Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - yeks Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bearman3000 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - bearman3000 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - bearman3000 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ether Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ether Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Trudoe 
Default

1. Dr. King was a great man

2. Black ppl now are naive, king understood

3. Dr. King today would be a republican
Left Hook Tua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:22 PM #9
Motorcity Cobra Motorcity Cobra is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 32,505
Quoted: 25297 Post(s)
Rep Power: 71
Motorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 654,059.32
Bank: 129,392.83
Total Points: 783,452.15
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
for keeping us informed...thanks for your efforts - jazluvr to celebrate the life of Roy Hargrove - jazluvr Your reparations - Robbie Barrett Enjoy your ban, bum. Maybe get a job since you're not busy making 1,000 posts a day. - Bob Haymon 
Default

The speech he gave in Memphis the day before his assassination. Listen to the anger in his voice and look at his eyes. MLK was fed up

Motorcity Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:29 PM #10
Motorcity Cobra Motorcity Cobra is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 32,505
Quoted: 25297 Post(s)
Rep Power: 71
Motorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 654,059.32
Bank: 129,392.83
Total Points: 783,452.15
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
for keeping us informed...thanks for your efforts - jazluvr to celebrate the life of Roy Hargrove - jazluvr Your reparations - Robbie Barrett Enjoy your ban, bum. Maybe get a job since you're not busy making 1,000 posts a day. - Bob Haymon 
Default

Dr. King owned guns and believed in self defense. Another fallacy was that Dr King believed in non violence. That's not true. He believed showing the violence and brutality of whites against blacks was more effective than a violent resistance. And he was correct. He also didn't think we had the manpower, training, nor weaponry to stage a violent resistance. That's why he choose the non violent protests. MLK was a country boy. He'd grown up around guns his whole life
Motorcity Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 AM.