Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's a good veteran test for Vergil Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's a good veteran test for Vergil Ortiz?

I was thinking a guy like John molina jr. An old, battle worn but very experienced and would be a solid name on Vergils resume. Was gonna mention josesito lopez too but hes also trained by robert. Granados would be good too.

Danny Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      Danny Garcia.

I think thats too big of a jump up in talent/class. The gap between orozco and molina is much smaller than the gap between danny and orozco

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
        I think thats too big of a jump up in talent/class. The gap between orozco and molina is much smaller than the gap between danny and orozco
        Molina is a shot fighter that has been stopped in lower weight classes. Beating him proves nothing. Omar Figueroa would be a good fight.

Comment

Josesito Lopez or Sergey Lipinets would be great tests for the young Lion.

Comment

Some durable guy like Chris Van Heerden would be a solid test for Ortiz.

David Avanesyan or Ray Robinson type would also be good. Mean Machine nor Josh Kelly were able to pass the Robinson test, but if Ortiz beats him convincingly, that would be a nice statement.

Comment

He needs to improve technically, what he needs is experienced and crafty guys but with little power, a guy like Molina could easily rip off the head of a young guy like Ortiz.

Comment

Luis Collazo would be ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  Some durable guy like Chris Van Heerden would be a solid test for Ortiz.

David Avanesyan or Ray Robinson type would also be good. Mean Machine nor Josh Kelly were able to pass the Robinson test, but if Ortiz beats him convincingly, that would be a nice statement.
                  Good pick. That seems like a realistic pick & a good test for him specifically after the last couple of Ray's fights where he took some air out of some balloons.

Comment

I’d like to see him fight Sadam Ali next. If he blows him out the water then maybe Brandon Rios or Jesse Vargas. Ortiz is very talented but Ali and Rios are the safer route for development.

Comment

Working...
                    X