Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terence Crawford Not Bluffing, Wants ALL The Smoke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the driving lessons haven't been going well for Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by a5pe4 View Post
      What's the point of blowing all that smoke? Serious question
      He wants all that smoke figuratively by showing he's literally blowing smoke around him. Meaning he wants to take on all the dangerous opponents.

I feel bad for him, actually, cause he's not enjoying his position right now. I bet he's starting to regret re-signing with Bob

Comment

Originally posted by alexnation View Post
        Is there a fight scheduled yet? I miss watching Bud. He is so entertaining and skilful
        Kavaliauskas and Collazo are available. I bet Bud wants none of them. Brook would have been fine but I don't know why it's not getting done.

All the rest of PBC don't want him. I think Bob should make bigger offers w/c I doubt he will

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          And randomly this is why Arum is promoting Bud all wrong. Arum needs to embrace Bud's thug/hood/bad guy-ness & he keeps trying to make Bud the black Manny or some sh^t.
          That's exactly why Floyd left Arum. He was trying to market him in the mold of Oscar and it was so transparent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
            He wants all that smoke figuratively by showing he's literally blowing smoke around him. Meaning he wants to take on all the dangerous opponents.

I feel bad for him, actually, cause he's not enjoying his position right now. I bet he's starting to regret re-signing with Bob
            You know for damn sure that he's not. He's a near 32-year old fighter, basically topped out on his weight, who doesn't really generate money, who is now guaranteed $3m+ per fight through the rest of whatever prime he has left. He's perfectly happy; maybe even ecstatic.

His issue is that, for all the **** that can be said about the situation, he has too much of that dog in him (the same stuff driving Floyd, Andre, Errol, Tank, Pacquiao, etc), and that leaves him embarrassed when folks call out his situation.

Bob Arum being Bob Arum leaves him looking like a punk when folks keep asking him about fights against the other big welterweights and all he can really say is that "it's up to Bob".

Tim Bradley understood what it was; he was a tough-styled fighter, based out of the high desert with no real fanbase, so he did what he did. Say to hell with trying to unify the division with Khan for a move up fight with Manny Pacquiao, leverage his effort win into a few guaranteed paydays, and then leverage the rematch for another guaranteed extension, before finishing out the deal with the third Pacquiao fight.

Bradley shut his mouth, worked for Top Rank for four and a half years, and likely made $20-$25m over his 9 fights with Arum, before retiring to a TV job that he may end up having for the next 15 years.

Pride simply won't let Crawford be quiet

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
              Kavaliauskas and Collazo are available. I bet Bud wants none of them. Brook would have been fine but I don't know why it's not getting done.

All the rest of PBC don't want him. I think Bob should make bigger offers w/c I doubt he will
              That's so sad. I guess the next fight will be against a bum because the PBC stable is all booked and Bud can't stay inactive for too long.

Comment

Working...
              X