Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people rate Canelo's resume so high, even relative to GGG's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Golovkin's resume is garbage. This threads has to be a troll.
    I mean...I know you can't really refute the names/decisions I cited in my main post lol...and honestly it's fine...as I mentioned previously, some people who post on here have a real need to make sure their narrative goes forward...the facts don't really seem to matter to them imo...just all about the narrative that fighter X sucks...fighter Y is great etc.

Kind of like you with AJ ;0

No disrespect to you though man...you seem like a good guy and seem like you like to have some fun on here...I know you aren't really serious about most stuff when you post on here

Originally posted by Greedo's Lawyer View Post
    TS is probably Rene Box Young.

I'm surprised nobody has asked the TS why GGG never asked anyone other than Chavez Jr. or Froch at higher weights?

He's talking about 'relative' as if these guys are retired. We've got guys at LHW and SMW wanting Canelo and Canelo vise versa whereas GGG wants Canelo and nothing to do with Andrade or whoever.

The TS wants to bait old news vs CURRENT things happening. GGG fans NEED Canelo in any narrative to steer away from other competition above 164.
    Hoenstly man I am not really following the logic in that post lol...Chavez and Froch though made sense for 168 for GGG because GGG was the B side and those fights made money so he couldn't really negotiate with them on anything...he was the A side with Ward so negotiating on something like weight, at least at the beginning, is just good business imo...I'm all for any two guys fighting...but if they are at different weights it should be somewhat fair terms imo.

And yeah everyone wants Canelo man...he brings the money ya know...I will also add that I rate Canelo very highly as a boxer as well..I don't think the catchweight stuff and rehydration clauses is a good look for him as far as 'going for greatness'...but it makes sense in the sense that he is trying to maximize reward while minimizing risk...and as the A side he can basically fight anyone on whatever terms he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy J View Post
      None of the bolded are good wins, and if Khan is an ok win for Canelo then Brook is for GGG as well. I wouldnt have kirkland or angulo as top wins for Canelo either.

Overall, GGG doesnt have a terrible resume like some have said. He's fought loads of top 10-15 fighters while legitimately being avoided for awhile. That said, his resume is definitely less than Canelo's and it's not really close. Their first fight was dubious for sure but the rematch could have gone either way. They gave it to Canelo which wasn't a bad decision.
      I hear ya...as I mentioned before...I rate wins not just on name...but also weight, manner of victory, expectations going in etc...Canelo getting the stoppage over those 2 guys was impressive to me...and the same for GGG for Monroe, Stevens, Ouma, Vanes, Proksa...all of those guys were good imo, different styles etc...and he hardly lost a round and KOed them in 6 or so rounds on average.

I agree what is a good win or an OK win is semantics sometimes...I could see one as a good win that someone else sees as a OK win...I just personally try to be consistent across the board with all fights/fighters.

With Khan/Brook...I see your point...I guess in my view I just gave Khan 0 chance going in...with that chin it was just a matter of time before it was over...and I don't think Canelo was particularly impressive before the KO. I think also Canelo is like a 160 pound fighter...and Khan like 140 imo.

Brook to me is closer naturally to GGG's weight...and I just think was a more formidable opponent than Khan for Canelo...If GGG landed a lucky shot (not saying Canelo did vs Khan) in round 6 and KOed Brook I wouldn't really rate that win at all...but to break him down basically and more or less end his career...I mean it sucks for Brook but yeah I just rate that win a little better than the Khan win for Canelo.

Comment

I think Canelo's resume is leagues above Golovkin. You can argue that Canelo should have 2 or 3 losses on his record but even then, it's a better resume than Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
          Chavez and Froch though made sense for 168 for GGG because GGG was the B side and those fights made money so he couldn't really negotiate with them ...
          Robbie Barrett
          aboutfkntime

TS said GGG was B side yet they acted like A side and wasted Arum’s time by Loeffler and Abel acting all scared of this fight by imposing a $1million dollar penalty... like B sides have that luxury against an Arum/Chavez Jr.

Keep in mind this was all 168 fantasy matchup clout chasing by K2.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I think Canelo's resume is leagues above Golovkin. You can argue that Canelo should have 2 or 3 losses on his record but even then, it's a better resume than Golovkin.
            Got ya...yeah I just think when you actually go through it, name by name...when where how etc...I would say GGG's is considerably better than Canelo's at this point...without even factoring in their two fights

Comment

Originally posted by Greedo's Lawyer View Post
              Robbie Barrett
              aboutfkntime

TS said GGG was B side yet they acted like A side and wasted Arum’s time by Loeffler and Abel acting all scared of this fight by imposing a $1million dollar penalty... like B sides have that luxury against an Arum/Chavez Jr.

Keep in mind this was all 168 fantasy matchup clout chasing by K2.
              Man...I've seen the sparring footage of GGG-Chavez...if you are implying that GGG was really scared of that one lol...honestly it is hard for me to decipher what you are saying sometimes.

And lol...you, aboutfkntime, and robbiebarrett are certainly quite the triumvirate ;0...like a special version of the Power Rangers lol...just messing with ya

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Golovkin has 1 good win. Jacobs, which is debatable that he won.

Canelo has Golovkin, Jacobs, Lara, Cotto, Trout.
                Canelo has a debatable win over G, a clear gift draw, debatable wins vs Lara and Trout, and a GREAT win over past his prime and above his best weight Cotto. Hardly a good argument.
                Golovkin actually knocked down Jacobs as well.
                That being said, Canelo has faced some talented fighters. He just hasn't separated himself as being more than a hair better, if any.

Comment

Originally posted by xxlefthookxx View Post
                  Canelo has a debatable win over G, a clear gift draw, debatable wins vs Lara and Trout, and a GREAT win over past his prime and above his best weight Cotto. Hardly a good argument.
                  Golovkin actually knocked down Jacobs as well.
                  That being said, Canelo has faced some talented fighters. He just hasn't separated himself as being more than a hair better, if any.
                  Yep good post man...I just think it's impressive when a guy can clearly show he is better than his opponent...and I think more or less GGG and Canelo have faced the same types/caliber of opponents...but GGG has been much more decisive than Canelo in most fights...Canelo has a good resume though for sure imo

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                    Serious question/thread...just never really understood the hype on Canelo's and hate on GGG's.

Even without the two GGG-Canelo fights with each other...let's just look at some names:

Canelo's good wins - Trout (never scored/watched it all), Lara (I had Canelo 7-5), Jacobs (7-5), Smith (good KO), Cotto (shot and at a higher than best weight...but good win), Kirkland (KO), Angulo (KO), Fielding (KO).

Canelo's OK wins - Lopez, Cintron, Chavez, Mosley, Baldomir, Khan.

GGG's good wins (besides Jacobs all KOs) - Jacobs (8-4 imo), Murray, Brook, Lemieux, Monroe, Geale, Macklin, Proksa, Ouma, Stevens, Vanes.

GGG's OK wins (all KOs) - Rosado, Adama, Rubio, Ishida, Rolls.

GGG has more good wins imo...and more dominant in most of those wins...winning by KO and hardly losing a round...and more OK/Good wins total, almost all by KO...compared to quite a few decisions for Canelo.

That's without even getting into the 2 Canelo-GGG fights which I felt were pretty straightforward wins for GGG...outlanding Canelo in 18/22 rounds (2 ties)...that's 80+% of the rounds that he was outlanding Canelo...pretty impressive on that for sure.

So genuinely - what am I missing?

Edit - not to mention the clear loss Canelo has to Mayweather...but I don't really slight him for that...he was pretty green then and it was not an ideal weight for him.
                    Triple g more good wins than Canelo?? 🤔🤔😂
                    You really don't know shet about boxing if you really believe that!

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                      Triple g more good wins than Canelo?? 🤔🤔😂
                      You really don't know shet about boxing if you really believe that!
                      Lol bro...I listed them there in my main post...I have seen some disagree like that but not really refuting it in detail so yeah...or giving their own list

Comment

Working...
                      X