No announcement yet.

Kov's WBO Mandatory Anthony Yarde

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kov's WBO Mandatory Anthony Yarde

I've been doing some reading up on Kovalev's mandatory Anthony Yarde. He's in line to fight Kova next if Canelo and Kovalev don't make a deal for 9/15.

He seems pretty legit. 18-0 17 KOs. Good pro record on BoxRec since 2017 (before that was a little padded).

Never seen him fight though. Only 12 amateur fights. Definitely an intriguing fight if Yarde and Kovalev end up fighting later this year.

Yeah we were just about to find out if he is a hype job

Comment

Yeah. I feel like he probably isn't but with only 12 amateur fights it could be pretty deep waters.

Kov is kind of on the slide though even though he looked good in his last outing.

Comment

Originally posted by tomlcsc View Post
        I've been doing some reading up on Kovalev's mandatory Anthony Yarde. He's in line to fight Kova next if Canelo and Kovalev don't make a deal for 9/15.

He seems pretty legit. 18-0 17 KOs. Good pro record on BoxRec since 2017 (before that was a little padded).

Never seen him fight though. Only 12 amateur fights. Definitely an intriguing fight if Yarde and Kovalev end up fighting later this year.
        If you've never seen him fight, prepare to be impressed and maybe even surprised by how good Yarde looks. This lad definitely passes the eye test.

The big question is .. can he look that good and hold his game together away from home against a man levels above anybody he has faced before, especially when it comes to punching power.

Yarde is good, but he's taking a massive step up fighting the Krusher in his own backyard.
        Last edited by kafkod; 07-10-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I believe in yarde #LIONSINTHECAMP

Comment

risky for yarde but the blueprint is out on how to beat the racist woman beater kovaQUIT!

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              If you've never seen him fight, prepare to be impressed and maybe even surprised by how good Yarde looks. This lad definitely passes the eye test.

The big question is .. can he look that good and hold his game together away from home against a man levels above anybody he has faced before, especially when it comes to punching power.

Yarde is good, but he's taking a massive step up fighting the Krusher in his own backyard.
              The very second that Kov outclasses him he'll be considered a total bum. Happens every single time in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                risky for yarde but the blueprint is out on how to beat the racist woman beater kovaQUIT!
                I thought you respect all pro boxers? If so, how about wait for a conviction before confirming that he's a racist woman beater.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  The very second that Kov outclasses him he'll be considered a total bum. Happens every single time in boxing.
                  He's a Brit, so he'll still be a total bum even if he beats Kovalev, and Kovalev will be written off as already ruined by Andre Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    He's a Brit, so he'll still be a total bum even if he beats Kovalev, and Kovalev will be written off as already ruined by Andre Ward.
                    Hard to be ruined by someone when losing by two robberies.

Comment

Working...
                    X