No announcement yet.

Any free checking accounts anymore?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any free checking accounts anymore?

Are there any free checking accounts anymore?

I bank with Chase and they said its free if I stay above 75K in total of all my accounts. I always stayed above 75K because I would only use one of my accounts and never really have to touch any of my savings.

But recently I had to help my moms out she needed a ton of work done on her crib so I went less than 75K I'm like down to only 60something K in there and now they are deducting $25 a month each month I dont stay above 75K?

WTF??? Now that I think about it I think years back the banker F'd me over and signed me up for the higher premiere checking account without even telling me???

Credit union. Free.

Comment

People still write checks?

Comment

SMBC is free in japan.

Chase stole some money because it had no activity for three years.

I use the Japanese postal savings..

Comment

A whole $25 a month....

30 days in a month...

C'mon, now.

Comment

Originally posted by brian___ View Post
            Definitely to pay rent they do. They're similar to money orders. If you want to send someone money through the mail, you would mail a check.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
              Credit union. Free.
              yeah bro more and more we looking into credit unions for this very reason. only problem tho is I travel 24/7 for work so I need a good bank that has atms everywhere it sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by brian___ View Post
                I pay all my bills online so I need a good bank that can easily handle all that and I travel 24/7 for work they be sending me everywhere so I need a bank that has branches and atms everywhere I go.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                  A whole $25 a month....

30 days in a month...

C'mon, now.
                  yeah but I hate having to pay for something that I had for free for like the last 10 years.

the banker F"d me too I asked him clearly is there a minimum balance I need to avoid any fees he said don't worry about it there's no set limit, come to find out its 75K! Ive just been spending a lot of money helping my moms out and me and my lady are starting some new business projects so I went under 75K for the first time since and saw the $25 charge like WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    SMBC is free in japan.

Chase stole some money because it had no activity for three years.

I use the Japanese postal savings..
                    yeah Chase is bad but God damn Wells Fargo is the worst they got a huge lawsuit going on right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X