No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Jacobs draws massive TV ratings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
    As I said in another thread the politics for DAZN landing in Mexico will be war, Televisa and Azteca won’t want it to happen
    ... very likely!...

... take this, for instance: "Netflix executives declined to disclose the number of subscribers in Mexico." (Mar 19, 2019)

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu
      ... I don't know how this works: does DAZN sell the TV rights for Mexico or U.K.?
      That’s a good question, I’m sure the massive Matchroom contract has that inclusively. Azteca boxing is the only type of broadcast that has real-time graphics and commercials. Annoying and tacky in my opinion but that’s how the money flows in that protocol
      ... of course it's a good question since DAZN USA signed Canelo for a huge sum of money...

Comment

So canelo has a huge tv in Mexico outside of the DAZN contract. Anyone know how much he gets paid for those networks to air his fights in Mexico?

Comment

I wonder what are Manny Pacquiao TV ratings are like in the Philippines when he fights? They say the streets are empty every time Manny Pacquiao fights.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... very likely!...

... take this, for instance: "Netflix executives declined to disclose the number of subscribers in Mexico." (Mar 19, 2019)
            I don't see the connection in that. Last I remember is that Netflix in the last 2 years have been making ''Originals'' productions for each market territory around the world, and whenever I see news for the Oscars its Mexicans Directors always winning shet, so they must be on top of their game.

''Netflix, drawn to talent, boosts production in Mexico with 50 films and series..''

Comment

Think how many mfers in the US woulda been watching Floyd vs Manny in 2010 or 2015 if it was on Free TV knowing what Canelo does on Mexican Free TV. Its f#cked up boxing can't see the forest for the trees with how big the sport could be if it shined like it could shine with its biggest events.

But regardless respect to Canelo on generating that type of interest.

Randomly how many mfers were watching JCC back in the day?

Comment

I don't see the connection in that. Last I remember is that Netflix in the last 2 years have been making ''Originals'' productions for each market territory around the world, and whenever I see news for the Oscars its Mexicans Directors always winning shet, so they must be on top of their game.

''Netflix, drawn to talent, boosts production in Mexico with 50 films and series..''
                I was quoting exactly from that article...

... I guess that there is a "connection", since Netflix is the biggest "streaming media" outlet worldwide...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... I don't know how this works: does DAZN sell the TV rights for Mexico or U.K.?
                  I believe part of his DAZN deal involved DAZN not getting rights to his fights in Mexico. Whatever deal Canelo has in Mexico I assume its his own deal & will continue to be his own deal.

And DAZN isn't in the UK so who knows with that. Its possible thats up for grabs still although I'd lean towards part of the DAZN/Canelo deal includes Canelo/GBP fights going on DAZN UK or DAZN other new countries as they open up (minus Mexico). Thats just speculation doe.

Did anyone in the UK watch the Canelo vs Jacobs fight on Sky or BT or BoxNation or ???

Comment

Not surprised canelo is the king of boxing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      I believe part of his DAZN deal involved DAZN not getting rights to his fights in Mexico. Whatever deal Canelo has in Mexico I assume its his own deal & will continue to be his own deal.

And DAZN isn't in the UK so who knows with that. Its possible thats up for grabs still although I'd lean towards part of the DAZN/Canelo deal includes Canelo/GBP fights going on DAZN UK or DAZN other new countries as they open up (minus Mexico). Thats just speculation doe.

Did anyone in the UK watch the Canelo vs Jacobs fight on Sky or BT or BoxNation or ???
                      ... I don't know -- since Mexico actually is Canelo's main market...

Comment

Working...
                      X