No announcement yet.

New Alts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    Yes, I've noticed that also and they have been spamming the shit out of this forum.
    By spamming, do you mean starting meaningless or bogus threads, so that good or legitimate threads often end up getting pushed back to the 2nd or 3rd page ? I have seen one recent June join, posting a bunch of "Either/Or" opinion threads. Has the appearance of English possibly not being their first language. I dunno.

I'm fairly new here myself, so perhaps I'm not qualified to identify or recognize someone "assuming an alternate or false identity". I am however, noticing a buzz of concern, about alt accounts and hidden agendas.
    I happen to be an Admin on a completely different type of forum, and "alt" accounts or pretending to be a different person, are frowned upon and grounds for suspension. I know there are sneaky ways around it, but Admin should have means to check IP addresses or investigate to determine matters of "fraud".

Whether seen as a positive thing or a negative one, this platform appears to allow the most liberty of content that I've ever witnessed online, in terms of censorship.
    I suppose given the human condition, there is no way around some measure of drama, no matter where you go.
    If "spamming" or "alt accounts" do significantly take away from the user experience, I would hope there is a way to expose, monitor, or prohibit that kind of activity. One user suggested the Ignore feature. Do you think that would mitigate the spamming effect ?

I suspect getting everyone to identify and ignore all the spammers/alts might be challenging as well. I'm afraid the larger demographic does find some entertainment value in the clever, derogatory, foul, trendy, back-n-forth type banter. Maybe despite the objections to the "alt accounts" conundrum, people still take interest, much like stopping to see a car crash pileup, or a burning house. It appeals to the baser instincts.
    Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      for real!!???

Lol fo' real bro. Also, many people here change their gimmick every few years to the point it's hard to remember who is who. Like the WWE in here.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
        Lol fo' real bro. Also, many people here change their gimmick every few years to the point it's hard to remember who is who. Like the WWE in here.
        That’s true

There was a feature before where you can check their name changes but I think that was taken out

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          None of those are Joshua fans. Try again.
          Of course they are. Bangem and Luccio made comments about Larry's past as a poster in a couple of threads which all but confirmed they are brit cucks hiding behind an alt.

Look Robbie we get it, watching AJ lose like he did was painful. I just hope you guys are able to get over it quickly and not become this generations Manny fans and whine for a decade.

Comment

yeah the boards are a bit more peaceful as well, lol I love it, there guy got battered

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Of course they are. Bangem and Luccio made comments about Larry's past as a poster in a couple of threads which all but confirmed they are brit cucks hiding behind an alt.

Look Robbie we get it, watching AJ lose like he did was painful. I just hope you guys are able to get over it quickly and not become this generations Manny fans and whine for a decade.
              Luccio has been ****ting on Joshua so how's he a fan? The biggest whiners and the ones in denial are Wilder fans when Fury schooling him is mentioned.

Comment

Luccio has been ****ting on Joshua so how's he a fan? The biggest whiners and the ones in denial are Wilder fans when Fury schooling him is mentioned.
                That doesn't mean it isn't a AJ fan alt. Just like TyroneWBCfan is someone that hates Wilder.

Dude Wilder/Fury draw is old news. You guys bring that up because Fury ran from the rematch and AJ got his ass beat.

Just don't become this eras *******'s. Get over the loss and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  That doesn't mean it isn't a AJ fan alt. Just like TyroneWBCfan is someone that hates Wilder.

Dude Wilder/Fury draw is old news. You guys bring that up because Fury ran from the rematch and AJ got his ass beat.

Just don't become this eras *******'s. Get over the loss and move on.
                  So every new poster is an AJ fan alt now?

You keep mentioning the AJ loss as if that somehow bothers me it doesn't, i've accepted what happened. Wilder fans haven't done the same. You know Wilder lost that fight but keep clinging on in denial that he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                    Robbie I know your not stupid , maybe arrogant but not stupid
                    And I actually enjoy reading your comments as long as your not talking AJ Wilder , or Hearn PBC Dazn bullchit
                    You can’t tell me you did not notice a whole bunch of new kants on here saying the same chit they used to squabble about before just under new titles
                    Nothing to play , just noticed quite a few new people but with the same mindset as the old ones
                    That’s all
                    You actually might want to take that back. He is a known clown and voted the worst post in BoxingScene. If it doesn't fit his agenda he is not going to roll with it.

It seems that everybody else noticed but him.

Comment

So every new poster is an AJ fan alt now?

You keep mentioning the AJ loss as if that somehow bothers me it doesn't, i've accepted what happened. Wilder fans haven't done the same. You know Wilder lost that fight but keep clinging on in denial that he didn't.
                      Now I didn't post that, did I? Come on Robbie.

Completely untrue. Where have I suggested Wilder won the fight? I scored it for Fury in the RBR thread a point which other posters have confirmed.

Where we disagree is the scorecard that had the fight a draw. We both agree Fury was winning the fight going into the 12th. I had him up 8-3 while the judge had it 7-4 (both of us gave wilder a 10-8 round for the KD in round 9) and you had it 8-3 or 9-2. Many posters scoring had roughly the same score as I did or the judge scoring it 7-4.

If Fury doesn't get KD again he wins the fight outright. You want to blame the judge for not having him up more so the KD doesn't affect the outcome. I am blaming the fighter for his mistake because I didn't think 7-4 was outrageously bad..

Comment

Working...
                      X