Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is literally the final paragraph from an article on midia that is speculation only!

The article even started by providing evidence that DAZN had reduced its debt by 93% in 2018.

Quoting future performance against content rights and spouting them as gospel , especially when the figures include only the current user base is just asinine , no matter what network or outlet you're trying to smear.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Marketcap is significant here so burn rates really would be irrelevant with a positive trajectory so long as they don't tack on more debt. I truly believe they fkd up with that name, it stands out yes...but I just can't see my wife talking about "i'm going to go watch the tennis match on Da Zone." It should've been a singular name, less fk'ing black lettering its 2019...marketing is about colors. They also needed to create deals with local bodies to get people content beyond sports.

agree about the name, but a failing business model wouldn't have been saved by it IMO. they got super ambitious and capitalized on the exodus of premium cable from boxing by picking up assets. canelo, golovkin, joshua, etc. but i don't know if it will be profitable

there are a bunch of issues with the dazn service too on my end and with other people. i tried to watch a replay the other day and it was so choppy it was unwatchable. went over to netflix and it was fine. i have a hardlined internet and it's very fast, 100% the issue was on the dazn side.

funnily, when i read it i still call it "dah-zin." i subliminally refuse to call it da zone . it's just a dumb name.

Comment

I mean as for the name, they had it far before they came to the states. Granted, not sure if it is a German name or what, but it is a bit odd. I thought it would stand for something but as far as I can tell, it doesn't.

Let it play out, we will know for sure in a few years just how successful DAZN is....or isn't. These weekly threads are unnecessary.

Comment

All I can say is that DAZN is a breath of fresh air for us poor boxing fans who live in Europe. We don't get ESPN, we didn't get HBO, we don't get boxing on skysports outside of the UK and we don't get Showtime. So it was almost impossible to watch fights live with decent quality.

When I saw fighters starting to start fighting on DAZN I didn't hesitate to buy it and I hope that the concept lives on and that I can watch all of boxing from where I live.

Comment

This thread starter should LITERALLY be banned by the mods for consistently and blatantly posting fake info. spreading fake news lol

He doesn't even provide links or sources to anything.

Look at his history lies that DAZN gave the wrong website in their TV commercial

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=813761

lied saying he works in ad agency and DAZN only has 43,000 subscribers

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=813762

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
            I dont know why he isnt banned. He also claimed to own a marketing agency which supposedly sold fake App downloads for DAZN.
            Here is the actual article he cherry picking from and replacing it with his own stupid opinion. the article is saying that DAZN had a great 2018 from the revenue report that was released they cut their debt by 93% in 2018. How you can try and spin this a negative I have no clue lol

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/d...al-report-2018

DAZN sees debt tumble 93% in 2018
            Posted: May 8 2019
            By: Tom Bassam

DAZN, the global over-the-top (OTT) streaming service, enjoyed a strong 2018 as company net debts fell roughly 93 per cent from US$726 million in 2017 to US$50 million up to the end of 2018, according to documents seen by SportsPro.

DAZN’s borrowing has also fallen from roughly US$980 million to US$275 million over the last financial year.

SportsPro understands that Len Blavatnik’s Access Industries Group, DAZN’s parent company, has invested more than US$600 million into the OTT service after seeing significant levels of growth on the platform.

In 2018, Access invested US$848 million into DAZN whilst new partners such as Dentsu Aegis invested US$391 million. To this point, DAZN has received around US$2.2 billion in investment since its launch in 2016.

DAZN has seen exponential growth since its launch in 2016, and even more so between 2017 and 2018.

DAZN’s revenue also increased by 136.2 per cent from 2017 to 2018, hitting US$277.6 million. DAZN Group also saw its income from selling advertising across its sports properties, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox, rise by 4.4 per cent to US$77.2 million.

In addition, DAZN saw increases in income generated across the globe from 2017 to 2018. In Asia this growth was more than US$65.2 million, with the region accounting for 42 per cent of all company revenues; Europe accounts for 44 per cent of the platform’s streaming sales; and the North America region also saw its turnover grow fivefold up to US$14.3 million.

SportsPro understands that DAZN lays claim to more than 4 million subscribers but investments in growing the service and securing new rights deals has seen outgoings double to US$336.6 million.

Across its active territories, the Hammersmith-based operation holds rights to several global soccer leagues, motorsport series, boxing, the National Football League (NFL), Major League Baseball (MLB) and the National Basketball Association (NBA). Taken as a whole, DAZN Group’s total rights commitments beyond as of April 2019 are US$6.1 billion, which includes rights commitments beyond five years.

DAZN has recently made several moves designed to bolster its streaming service. DAZN Group sold its Perform division to Vista Equity Partners, the owners of STATS, earlier this year in a deal which will see the company receive both cash and a significant minority stake in a new business.

Within the last month the company has also launched a new ad suite based on real-time data, DAZN Dynamics, and its Connect platform, a central hub of live sports feeds aimed to deliver IP and enable clients to consolidate acquisition and distribution of their rights.
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-21-2019, 10:55 AM.

Comment

If this is true, that's terrible.

Comment

Fanofreason must be Shirley Winkle.

Comment

Originally posted by nixxter View Post
                  fanofreason must be shirley winkle.

.........lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    agree about the name, but a failing business model wouldn't have been saved by it IMO. they got super ambitious and capitalized on the exodus of premium cable from boxing by picking up assets. canelo, golovkin, joshua, etc. but i don't know if it will be profitable

there are a bunch of issues with the dazn service too on my end and with other people. i tried to watch a replay the other day and it was so choppy it was unwatchable. went over to netflix and it was fine. i have a hardlined internet and it's very fast, 100% the issue was on the dazn side.

funnily, when i read it i still call it "dah-zin." i subliminally refuse to call it da zone . it's just a dumb name.
                    I actually don't think the business model is flawed I do think the supply chain management is very flawed. I mean I get they saw the opportunity to jump all over some popular content but they massively overpaid for it. I pay about $8 a month for IPTV because we like UK shows too and it's the only way for us to get it. The uk stuff that's popular here isn't from premium channels, it's literally over the air. I think there are at least ten million potential subscribers for that alone in the U.S. and that's a conservative estimate. Take a billion of that and commit it to rebroadcast those channels. Even if they hit 25% of that target audience they come within striking distance of hitting the break-even number while gaining valuation and pulling in more investment cash because the burn rate is way low and the growth makes it sustainable.

I think the estimation of what paid for sports broadcasting is worth is super inflated, there are other ways of making this work prior to that level of commitment.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
                      LOL so you cherrypicked a few paragraphs and then made up a story about an investor pulling funding. Obviously you have no agenda
                      You did almost the same thing. You posted an article then blatantly lied about what was stated and then exaggerated about the total number of subscribers.

If he should be banned permanently for lying and having an agenda, so should you!

He is playing the same game you and frankie0jobs is.

Comment

Working...
                      X