Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell: I'll Move Up For 'Personal' Lomachenko Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    When you understand the concept of dehydration and hydration and how they don't apply to amateur fighters please get back to us. If your theory had any weight, you would say Andre Ward's entire professional career was bogus because you know, he won his gold medal at 178lbs.
    It means nothing about supposed rehydration weight when your in your prime & are naturally CLEARLY bigger than your opponents. Get back to me when you won't use lame nonsensical excuses to justify loma beating up smaller less skilled opponents. Since your claiming loma is some tiny lil 126 lber because he fought in olympics at 132,then explain to me which of lomas opponents warent smaller than him?(by any standard of measurement)

Then explain to me how its possible for loma to supposedly be a natural 126 lber & his wins vs tiny part timers supposedly p4p worthy despite you claiming other fighters early records are inferior?(mikey/canelo/spence,etc. You were the guy claiming Mikey was too big for loma & that his resume isnt superior,why?)
    Last edited by kushking; 05-18-2019, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
      Russell will never get over that L.
      But unlike Manny, he's at least willing to rematch an embarrassing loss.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
        It means nothing about supposed rehydration weight when your in your prime & are naturally CLEARLY bigger than your opponents. Get back to me when you won't use lame nonsensical excuses to justify loma beating up smaller less skilled opponents. Since your claiming loma is some tiny lil 126 lber because he fought in olympics at 132,then explain to me which of lomas opponents warent smaller than him?(by any standard of measurement)

Then explain to me how its possible for loma to supposedly be a natural 126 lber & his wins vs tiny part timers supposedly p4p worthy despite you claiming other fighters early records are inferior?(mikey/canelo/spence,etc. You were the guy claiming Mikey was too big for loma & that his resume isnt superior,why?)
        "Cleary bigger"

You mean taller. Lomachenko is taller than some of his opponents. But the guy has a narrow frame and short arms.

Thus why he weighs less than someone who is as tall as him.

Lomachenko says hes gonna go back to 130 and I believe him. Look at his last weigh in vs Crolla. Came in with a big belly and didnt look drained at all. I would even bet he could cut, if he wanted all the way back to 126.

That's a far cry for different from someone like Mikey Garcia who walks around at 170 and cuts to 135 and now 147. Lomachenko picks on smaller opponents? What the hell do you think those other guys do?

Lomachenko at 135 is like if Canelo fought at 168. One class above their natural weight.

Comment

He beat you with one hand last time dude. Also cant help but notice you regularly bring him ip to promote your yearly fight.

Comment

Couple of issues with Gary's narrative there:

(1) The fight was at 126 pounds, Gary weighed in the day before at 125.5lbs. How then did he have to lose 5 and a half pounds the day of the fight and be dehydrated, and if, 5 years later, he is still fighting at 126, why was he overweight for the fight in the first place ?

(2) Loma is well documentated that he doesn't believe in catch-weights. While I'm sure he might compromise on that if it was a mega payday, even then, not sure, so why Gary saying he'll meet Loma at a catchweight when he knows full well Loma doesn't believe in them ? (why not say 130 given Loma has already said he's open to going back down ?)

(3) he talks about his ring IQ being better, why then was his connect percentage only 10% in the fight vs Loma ? And if Loma just moves his feet a lot and runs and stuff, why did Loma outland Gary in almost every round of the fight ?

His story doesn't hang together. If Gary went to 130 and got a belt, pretty sure Loma might be interested once he's done at 135 - why not do it that way ?
            Last edited by angkag; 05-18-2019, 02:20 PM.

Comment

“I doubt that me and Lomachenko are at the same level,” Russell said. “He don’t do the ***** in the ring that I do in the ring. He don’t give you the hand speed and the boxing IQ I give in the ring. He does a lot of moving around with his feet and running and stuff like that. Nobody knew who the ***** Lomachenko was until he fought Mr. Gary Russell Jr.

“You can’t take away from what he did in the amateurs, but in the pros, he lost to [Orlando] Salido. No one knew who he was until he fought a dehydrated, 5½-pounds-overweight that I had to lose the day of the fight, Gary Russell Jr. So nah, I don’t think that Lomachenko is even on my level.”

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                Lmao at this photo of tiny ass GRJ next to loma who towers over him in height & frame both.

I've been saying for ages that lomas wins vs fighters below 130 or who he dragged up shouldn't even be considered anything special because hes too big & had zero reason to be facing anyone below 130 especially since he won 2 gold medals above 130(I know the excuses loma fanbois use,its played out bs)

"But...but...but hes too lil for mikey"they would say(regardless of what they claim mikey would STILL ko loma & is naturally smaller despite fattening up to make ww money,loma/arum wanted no parts of him or wbc til mikey vacated then suddenly they went from claiming" loma vs teo was a MUCH bigger fight than loma vs Mikey,& would make much more money" to suddenly now arum bribed wbc to break its own rules to face a Campbells soupcan from uk

Right before mikey vacated to get the wbc diamond belt,arums words"mikey needs to accept that he doesn't deserve much(b side despite being a much bigger draw &mex),& that him vs loma is nowhere near as lucrative as lomas other options like teo which would be like the Superbowl",then suddenly he bribes Sulaiman to allow him to face Campbells soupcan for wbc immediately
                towers ovr him in frame...?? U did notice Russell is wearing a thin sweatshirt and Loma is wearing a thick sports coat over his dress shirt!! Lets not exaggerate...about the same frame in the ring...or did u not see the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
                  "Cleary bigger"

You mean taller. Lomachenko is taller than some of his opponents. But the guy has a narrow frame and short arms.

Thus why he weighs less than someone who is as tall as him.

Lomachenko says hes gonna go back to 130 and I believe him. Look at his last weigh in vs Crolla. Came in with a big belly and didnt look drained at all. I would even bet he could cut, if he wanted all the way back to 126.

That's a far cry for different from someone like Mikey Garcia who walks around at 170 and cuts to 135 and now 147. Lomachenko picks on smaller opponents? What the hell do you think those other guys do?

Lomachenko at 135 is like if Canelo fought at 168. One class above their natural weight.
                  Completely lies,hes not in any way shape or form smaller than a single opponent & does NOT have a small frame for his size nor alligator arms that you claim. And loma has no business fighting anyone below natural 130 lbers,& its in no way shape or form relatable to canelo whos a tiny ass 5'8" stocky guy who faces much taller/reach opponents & would have to not only jump 8 further lbs but would also give up even more size than he does now.

Teue weight classes remain the biggest fallacies in boxing that fans use to justify certain fighters then apply completely different criteria for others. How is Canelo whos floyds height somehow supposedly the equivalent of loma fighting at 130 despite loma being very tall for 130,& nelo being extremely short for 160 even?
                  Last edited by kushking; 05-18-2019, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post

Part of the reason Loma looked so 'healthy' at the weight in vs Crolla was the contrast with Crolla, who looked emaciated. But for sure, Loma didn't look like he tried that hard to meet the weight and he weighed in looking solid and no signs of dehydrating to make weight.

I also remember it looked like he had a bit more muscle across the top of his back in the fight, suggestion being he's still trying to grow into the weight. I've got no doubts he could drop to 130 in a heartbeat.

Comment

His Former Strength and Conditioning Coach Marvin Thomas Exposed the issue with Gary Russell Jr already after the Loma Lose...

A Few notable quotes from that interview from 2015 and it will explain the inactivity and why he seems to enjoy Promoting and Training his brothers far more than he does training himself and preparing for fights

“Gary is lazy as shyt,” Thomas said. “Gary was in the sauna every single ****ing day that we were up in California. And his father knew this. This was no secret.”
                      Russell started out camp for Lomachenko between 140 and 145 pounds, and he was at 128 when they arrived in California before the bout, Thomas said. The conditioning coach recalled that the fighter then went to a sandwich shop, gained a few pounds, didn’t want to run it off and went to the sauna instead.
                      “I never took them guys to the sauna. I never advised them to go to the sauna. This is on Gary only,” Thomas said. “I told him, you don’t have to go to the sauna. This is not good for you. But he wanted to do it his way.”
                      He called Russell “lazy” and said Russell “doesn’t like to run.” Other members of Russell’s camp, including his father and brothers, knew about the sauna use, Thomas said.
                      Source: https://www.boxingscene.com/gary-rus...hes-out--90892

So trying to blame it on people not wanting to fight him is complete BS and I like Russell Jr, gifted fighter and I do think he is the best at 126 and would beat the rest at 126 probably easily BUT his inactivity verifies what his former S&C coach said..."LAZY AS SHYT!"
                      Last edited by sicko; 05-18-2019, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X