Muhammad Ali-Ernie Terrel 1967
    3.90%
    George Foreman-Joe Frazier I 1973
    22.08%
    Larry Holmes-Muhammad Ali 1980
    20.78%
    Mike Tyson-Michael Spinks 1988
    14.29%

i didn't see all those but right now i'm in between louis v schmelling and forman v frazier

Comment

holmes-ali was wrenching

Comment

out of the fights listed. Toss up between Louis Schmling 2, and Dempsey Willard.

Comment

wheres ike williams vs. beau jack on that list, man that was such brutal stoppage..but neways willard/demps gets my vote but followed by louis schemling

lol didnt notice it said hw only...surry
          Last edited by sleazyfellow; 03-09-2006, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Ive never seen a beating like prime holmes and washed up Ali. It was ****en sad.

Comment

didnt see most of the early fights on the list, but Holmes-ali gets my vote. that was a whoopin. i think i remember reading something saying how holmes felt sorry for ali during the fight.

Comment

Dunno, it wasn't really a DEVESTATING whipping in that fight. Ali was just completely overwhelmed. I don't watch that fight, its horrible. Dempsey vs willard

Comment

Originally posted by Heckler
                  Dunno, it wasn't really a DEVESTATING whipping in that fight. Ali was just completely overwhelmed. I don't watch that fight, its horrible. Dempsey vs willard
                  I agree. Holmes established himself as the agressor in the early rounds but wasn't exactly teeing off with power punches. Holmes by his own admission was unsure what Ali had up his sleeve so he cautiously held back. It was mostly jabs to the body and head, the odd right hand powershot to the head and hook to the body. It was a workmanlike performance. He never staggered or hurt Ali in the first 8 rounds. In the 9th round Ali caught a thumb from a Holmes right uppercut, turned away and Holmes opened up pretty good for a few seconds before Ali came off the ropes. By the 10th round Holmes knew Ali was finished, had nothing, and noticeably held back.

Not really a devestating beating, just a systematic one-sided fight. Holmes was criticized at the time in the press for not doing more in that fight when he had nothing more than a target in front of him.
                  Last edited by smasher; 03-09-2006, 11:47 PM.

Comment

gotta say jess willard and dempsey. dempsey broke his ribs and just ****ed him up. i didnt vote for ali vs holmes cuz holmes was tellin the ref to stop it and when he didnt he was just hittin ali with tender touches, or thats what it looked like to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X