No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali's workout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hard Boiled HK
    But still...it's just very hard for me to believe that Muhammad Ali did absolutely no weight training.
    no it's not, what he did gave him strong definition and a lot of stamina is which is much better than big ass muscles

or when I wanted to get ripped for the track team I would do small weights but a lot and I mean A LOT of repetitions, say like 3 sets of 50 reps lifting like 15-20lbs

Comment

thanx for the workout routine, good k coming ur way.

Comment

alot of the power u get from punches depends on timing and technique, NOT muscle mass!

and also exercises such as press ups build u up anyway!

obviously u can benefit from weights, but he probz felt his strenght was pretty decent!

Comment

awesome! thanks!!!

Comment

Thanks for that. I think its basic stuff really, what most people know and do.

Comment

Originally posted by The Raging Bull
              Thanks for that. I think its basic stuff really, what most people know and do.
              yeah thats what most of this stuff is .... repetition repetition repetition...just like a basketball star that gets good by shooting 1000's of baskets a day or an all star pitcher that just hurls pitches for 4 hours a day

when i went to karate it seemed to last forever and nothing was getting better but eventually i noticed we were all becomeing better fighters and more skilled at **** we did ...training became not easy but more routine

Comment

Thanks that was interesting

Comment

yeah thats what most of this stuff is .... repetition repetition repetition...just like a basketball star that gets good by shooting 1000's of baskets a day or an all star pitcher that just hurls pitches for 4 hours a day

when i went to karate it seemed to last forever and nothing was getting better but eventually i noticed we were all becomeing better fighters and more skilled at **** we did ...training became not easy but more routine

Yeah this is very true. theres a quote about this and ill write it if i can remember it. I think its something like 'excellence is not an act, but a habit'. Great words

Comment

Thanks for the clear up guys.

Comment

Great stuff, maybe I can take a lesson or two from the dancing master about contioning my own body!

Comment

Working...
                      X