No announcement yet.

beginner sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beginner sparring

im 19 i just started boxing and i been going to the gym for about 4 months 2 days a week for two hours and i wanted to know if i should ask the trainer if i can spar or will he tell me when im ready

Well it's not down to the trainer really. But i suppose you could ask him for an opinion.

If you feel ready, go for it dude and dont see it as a competitive spar but a educational spar. Take as much out of it as you can and try and use what you've learnt in training. You will benefit from it at the end of the day; you would've got the pressure of your first spar out of the way, you'd have tested yourself on what you've been doing in training AND probably most importantly you'll know the kind of fighter you are and whats your strengths and weaknesses.

Anyways mate hope it goes well and i wish ya the best of luck
    Let us know how ya get on when you do fight, ye ?

laters matey

Comment

safe for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by gym jones View Post
        safe for the reply
        You odnt go to lympstone gym do you by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by kenny91 View Post
          Well it's not down to the trainer really. But i suppose you could ask him for an opinion.
          It IS up to the trainer if you want any future with that gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Count Patron View Post
            It IS up to the trainer if you want any future with that gym.
            please elaborate

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
              You odnt go to lympstone gym do you by any chance?
              i dont go there

Comment

please elaborate
                He means (i think) that you have to listen to what the trainer says, if you dont listen to what he says then you should not bother showing up. Ask him an if he sayd no then wait and if he said yes do your best

What gym do you go to?

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                  He means (i think) that you have to listen to what the trainer says, if you dont listen to what he says then you should not bother showing up. Ask him an if he sayd no then wait and if he said yes do your best

What gym do you go to?
                  Yes... if you respect your trainer you'll do what he tells you to do. If you don't respect your trainer, find a new one.

Comment

im 19 i just started boxing and i been going to the gym for about 4 months 2 days a week for two hours and i wanted to know if i should ask the trainer if i can spar or will he tell me when im ready
                    You can ask the trainer to spar if you want to see what it is like to be in the ring and to learn but if your intension is to become a fighter then you CANNOT ask him. Only the trainer will tell you when you are ready. Work hard, show you are serious and respect his decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X