Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana puts foot in mouth yet again (FEDOR)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana puts foot in mouth yet again (FEDOR)

Dana does not want Fedor in the UFC

Up until today, all we've heard from Dana White on the subject of Fedor Emelianenko's future was the smiley face he sent out on Twitter following the Russian's upset loss to Fabricio Werdum on Saturday night.

In an exclusive conversation on ESPNRadio1100 in Las Vegas, White was asked if he still wants to bring Fedor on board with the UFC.

"Nope," White told The Gridlock Show. "Now I don't have to hear about him anymore. I like it."

Host Seat Williams said Fedor has star power, and he could still be part of a mega-fight against the winner of Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin.

"He has star power? Nobody cares," said White. Fedor (32-2) lost his first fight in 10 years via armbar and triangle choke against Werdum, Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt.

"Do you realize this is something that's been created by the mixed martial arts media? Do you know how many people watched his fight the other night? 400,000 people watched it. The guy has absolutely no star power. They sold no tickets to that fight either."

It sounds like White isn't convinced that he could even sell a Fedor v. Lesnar fight.

"Here's the problem, the guy loses and gets to fight one of these guys? I've been saying for years this guy isn't all that. He's not great," said White. "Everybody's talking about how great this guy is. No, he's not. Now he should deserve to come into the UFC and fight the best? No way!"

Before he was tracked down by the Las Vegas sportstalk station, White said a comment on Fedor wasn't even necessary.

"I haven't talked to any media about it. The media have turned this guy into ... Oh, this guy is this and this guy is that. The guys who fight in the UFC are fighting the very best three times a year. This guy hasn't fought anybody since 2005. The media created him and hyped him up. Not me. What do you want me to say? This is what I've been saying?"

Is this a negotiating ploy or is White convinced, now that Fedor has lost, he's now a non-entity? Maybe he's right. Beyond Fedor fanboys and MMA hardcores, would the casual MMA or sports fan flock to pay-per-view to see the guy?

he better hope to God that fedor doesn't destroy werdum in the rematch...

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
      he better hope to God that fedor doesn't destroy werdum in the rematch...
      why?

dana don't give a ****.

werdum is not a ufc fighter anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        why?

dana don't give a ****.

werdum is not a ufc fighter anymore.
        I thought I told you to shut the **** up and stick to sports you know in the other thread?

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
          I thought I told you to shut the **** up and stick to sports you know in the other thread?
          what thread?

please...... i was watching ufc on vhs when you were in kindergarten.

Comment

Dana White is a douchebag...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              Dana White is a douchebag...
              i like the guy.

he acts like how i would if i owned the ufc.

Comment

dana knows how to play mind games, thats for sure..

Comment

Working...
                X