No announcement yet.

rival gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rival gloves?

im getting the pro sparring ones im going to use them for mitt,bag work and alot of sparring but what oz should i get them and long cuff or short cuff? thanks in advance

I have the 16oz long cuff and I like them a lot. To be honest they are my first pair of nice gloves so I do not have much to compare them to though. If you want to use them for bag work, mitts, and sparring get 16 oz. I am not real sure why someone would prefer the short cuff over the long, but when they are laced up the wrist protection is very good on the long cuff.

Another guy at my gym that buys a lot of gloves tried mine after grants, imfs, and the $200 dollar everlasts, and bought the same pair i have. He seemed to think they are great as well.

Hope that helps.

Comment

You really shouldn't use the same gloves for bagwork and sparring because hitting the pads/bags with wear down the padding which means there will be less protection for your sparring partner. Also, sparring gloves are softer than bag gloves, so there will be less protection for your hands when you're hitting the bag.

But if you insist, go with 16's.

Comment

16oz would be good. thats good that you want to use them for bag and mitt work as well as sparring because youll get adjusted to them and wont wear your arms down as much. i used to train with 12oz bag gloves and sparr with 16s. now i train and sparr with 16s and noticed a huge help. it actually wouldnt hurt to get 18oz bag gloves and sparr with 16s.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottDBA View Post
          You really shouldn't use the same gloves for bagwork and sparring because hitting the pads/bags with wear down the padding which means there will be less protection for your sparring partner. Also, sparring gloves are softer than bag gloves, so there will be less protection for your hands when you're hitting the bag.

But if you insist, go with 16's

this man knows what he is talking about....listen to him because he's right on.

Comment

i honestly think there awfull...

Comment

I love rival gloves, i own a pair of bag gloves and a pair of sparring gloves.

Like ScottDBA said, don't use the same gloves for bag work and sparring, if you look on the rival site bag gloves and sparring gloves are very different. You can't use sparring gloves on the bag cause you will destroy them pretty fast and i don't suggest using bag gloves sparring cause you can hurt your sparring partners, bag gloves have much harder padding.

Comment

please dont use rival, they suck.... they look cool... and thats it, the leather is cheap and the gloves just FEEL cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by JUHL View Post
                  please dont use rival, they suck.... they look cool... and thats it, the leather is cheap and the gloves just FEEL cheap.
                  You need to stop smoking your own ****.

Comment

Working...
                  X