Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is andre ward good for the sport of boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all so called boxing fans do is post threads hating boxing and boxers outside of their favs or who beat their favs, its not a good look.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      this never happened and if you claim it did your a g string anti american ball gagger, as you can see from the post above mine ^

The headbuts, dirty tactics, excessive clinching never happen

The robbery v kovlaev never happened. clear SOG win baby

the clear DQ by deliberate headbuts on arguably his best win v kessler never happened.

because we all know Andre Ward is a ' well spoken family man' and if you claim any of the above ^

you're

A) a racist anti american

b) a hater

c) a lil g fanboy

HTH
      Racist anti-American who lives in LA, has black family and who's favorite fighter is Terence Crawford? And was backing Hagler big time over GGG in that other thread?

Again, based on you saying he doesn't headbutt, clinch, hold, use dirty tactics I'd say you fall under the categories I mentioned. "Clear" win. Not even Ward says that.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        Overall I would say no. Boxing needs exciting guys at the top.

Being at the top alone doesn't mean you're an asset to your sport (somebody's gotta be there), it's how attractive you make the sport look.
        Exciting, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Posters like you often say a given fighter isn't exciting yet that fighter draws more fans on or sells more PPV's than a boxer you claim is, he just doesn't get the same marketing push.

Comment

Smh I truly believe some of thsee guys have more respect for Edwin Valero than their favorite fighters to hate on

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            Racist anti-American who lives in LA, has black family and who's favorite fighter is Terence Crawford? And was backing Hagler big time over GGG in that other thread?

Again, based on you saying he doesn't headbutt, clinch, hold, use dirty tactics I'd say you fall under the categories I mentioned. "Clear" win. Not even Ward says that.
            I was clearly being sarcastic but ok....

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              Abraham was considered a P4P fighter in the sport before entering the Super 6. He was ggg before ggg was around, folding up guys like lawn chairs. Froch is a great fighter, extremely awkward, durable and powerful, a 168 version of Maidana type fighter which gave Mayweather all he could handle.

How many other fighters have fought a string of opponents that were such dangerous punchers? You examine a resume like Calzaghe for instance and the biggest punchers he fought were Kessler with a 70% KO ratio, followed by Lacy, and guys you never heard of.

It's a lot easier to look good against guys that can't punch, look at ggg vs Jacobs, DJ arguably winning despite being an 8-1 underdog, his power being a major factor.
              He was not p4p, nor was he GGG. Besides Froch shut him out first. No, Froch is not great. He was good but that's it.

I think Calzaghe has more wins over champions than does Ward. I've heard of them because I follow Boxing not Boxers.
              Last edited by chrisJS; 03-28-2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Exciting, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Posters like you often say a given fighter isn't exciting yet that fighter draws more fans on or sells more PPV's than a boxer you claim is, he just doesn't get the same marketing push.
                Draws more fans? Most people ordered for kovalev, wards ratings on bet was trifiling and one of the worst on hbo. He's one of the most boring fighters in the sport he isn't attracting any fans.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                  All triggered and hurt lmao let go wards dick already you defending a chump real niiggas can't relate .
                  Tears....tears.... Tears

11/19/16 ruined as many lives as 5/2/15

You could make Hudson river over flow with all the tears

You mad?

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    Draws more fans? Most people ordered for kovalev, wards ratings on bet was trifiling and one of the worst on hbo. He's one of the most boring fighters in the sport he isn't attracting any fans.
                    Did you ask anyone that purchased the PPV why they did so? I'm guessing no so ease up with the pronouncements.

If you think Ward is boring, fine.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      I'm on the fence at this stage.

Super 6 period, absolutely. Not everyone's cup of tea stylistically but he fought the top guys and he won.

The last few years though; inactive, extremely entitled and his comments since getting a pretty contentious decision over Kovalev have been pretty ludicrous.
                      This right here.

Comment

Working...
                      X