Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Tabs Golovkin as Boxing's New Pound-For-Pound King

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep fair assessment, I think GGG is going to have troubles from here on out in his career at 35 now. He might get past Saunders but Canelo will give him problems.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
      Argue with the 72%, not me (in Kovalev's case - I didn't place a vote in that poll).

In Jacob's case, argue with the 71% who didn't think he won.

You are entitled to your opinion, as are others. You have no right to tell others to shove their opinions where the sun doesn't shine just because it doesn't agree with your opinion. And neither do others have the right to tell you where to shove your opinon.
      Why would I argue with either one???

I had the EXACT score 115-112 for Kovalov AND GGG. I just think BOTH fights were SUPER close. And Kovalov is going to have a chance to reverse that loss here come June 17th at the Mandalay bay.

Comment

"What does Marquez know about boxing?"
        _GGG hater

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Soo??? So you move up in weight class and beat a P4P Top 3 and someone else stays at the same weight forever and beats a guy not even ranked P4P Top 20??? But they move to #1??? So if ward beats Kovalov in the rematch will he be at LEAST #2???
          Doesn't make sense at all........................ I was thinking the same argument.

Comment

GGG one of my fav top 3 fighters, love his style, his demeanor, his attitude and everyithing still.................................he ain't no #1 P4P, no way.

Crawford, Loma, Ward, Kova I honestly think those guys rate higher, I'd put GGG on spot 5 or 6 being honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Yet I believe 100% Mikey Garcia would beat Loma. Along with a sht ton more ppl.
              Mikey challenges a guy 5 pounds south instead of Crawford 5 pounds north.
              Last edited by boxingitis; 03-26-2017, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Makes sense...

Struggles vs a dude who is not even top 20 P4P and all of the sudden GGG is #1 P4P.

He did not struggle. Jacobs came in with a big size and weight advantage and still couldnt hurt Ggg. On the contrary ggg put jacobs down and had him running. Also dominated the punch stats and most likely took his foot off the gas to entice other top fighters like saunders and canelo. Ggg is p4p #1 even at 34 when most fighters are old and slow. Time will tell just how great he is.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
                  Doesn't make sense at all........................ I was thinking the same argument.
                  Only problem with shadowws argument is that ward already had a couple fights at light heavy and was quoted as saying it was hard to make 175. Its not like he was at 168 and moved up to fight kovalev. He was already at 175

Comment

lmao what? No bro you don't have to be black id say the majority of fans that aren't Kovalev think Ward won.

Comment

No he actually moved up for the soul purpose of fighting Kovalev and chasing a big fight. He said this many times before moving up claiming he can still make 168

Comment

Working...
                      X