Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two punch attack put man in Coma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That second punch was not not called for the young kid was out of line.

Comment

this when i almost knocked my buddies head off... i knocked him out cold. i hate that i did that but dude talked how short i am nonstop and he would beat my ass. hes 6 foot, im 5'5.

lets say he learned his lesson. im not posting the video so dont ask.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
        this when i almost knocked my buddies head off... i knocked him out cold. i hate that i did that but dude talked how short i am nonstop and he would beat my ass. hes 6 foot, im 5'5.

lets say he learned his lesson. im not posting the video so dont ask.

WTF you can't even say anything here?

LOl why even post this? This literally shows/proves nothing?

Not that I don't believe you - I've seen stuff like this happen all the time, but at least post a picture where u can see what is happening?

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
          I remember a couple years ago, two dads got into an argument at a kids hockey game and one of the dads threw a punch at the other. The dad went down on the ice and died from head injuries. Sad but two little kids watched as their father was killed and another kid watched as his father killed a man. The father that threw the punch was tried and convicted of manslaughter. Meanwhile several kids grew up without fathers. People should think and seriously avoid ending disputes with violence. There must be another way to deal with things. As you mentioned if either father was smart enough to walk away, a good many life's would be a lot better.

Yes - I remember that story - saw a thing on ID channel or 20/20 one of those shows that featured this. Sad story all around.

All over some stupid words/macho-ego, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            The back of his head hitting the street is probably what really did him in.

After the first shot why did the other guy come back at him anyway? Like around 19 seconds the old man is on queer street and picking himself up and the other guy just lunges at him again?

Not a cheap shot or anything, just pointless additional damage.
            This - that's what usually causes the major damage in fights like this. When you get your lights turned out and your body goes limp, you fall straight back on your head with full force.

I would argue that in the heat of the moment, a reasonable person would have thrown a second punch to ensure the threat was extinguished. In the video, after we know what happens, it's easy to say "he's obviously on queer street, and in no condition to pose a further thread." But in the situation, where it all happened in split seconds, a good lawyer could easily argue that he still appears to be threatening him/engaging him.

I don't see many prosecutors trying this case as anything other than misdemeanor battery. Both parties were clearly engaged in a fight, if anything, the "victim" was the one that was more of a participant.

If he IS charged with manslaughter, or worse, then I think a decent lawyer could pretty easily prove self-defense.

What a lot of people don't realize is that self-defense is an "affirmative defense." Meaning that the burden is now on the DEFENSE to prove. So it's a bit harder,because you're no longer "presumed innocent." The burden is on you - you're admitting that your actions killed the guy, but because of "insert circumstances" you acted in self-defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

This incident is a news story about in the UK. The victim a 49-year-old man suffered a brain bleed and was in a coma after the attack by a 30-year-old man. Today, the long-term effects the attack mean the victim has weakness down one-side of his body and the emotional effects of the injuries have changed his life and the assailant has been jailed for 22 months.

There is a lot of media attention over here about the potential effects of one punch as a result of late night punch-ups and that impact that happens when the skull lands on the pavement. And there have been publicised deaths in the past from similar incidents and often times the person who has delivered the punch has gotten off if punches were thrown on both sides.

But are there mitigating circumstances here too? Both men are drunk - it occurs near on 3 in the morning. The victim gets in younger man's face and goes nose-to-nose but doesn't throw a punch. Common sense says that in that scenario more often than not someone is going to get clump. A sensible man in control of his emotions might have pushed the elder man away but the first punch is probably defendable. It is the second one that isn't for me as the elder man was a sitting duck and I think he actually sticks his arm out in pleading way.

I find stuff like this really sad but it is not like the elder man was sucker punched. The younger guy probably is a bad egg though as he has had three arrests for violent crime in the past.

But I think most people understand two things 1. if you go nose-to-nose with someone you might get punched and 2. if you are punching someone on the street especially someone who is inebriated that you could cause them serious harm.

Stuff like this is bad for all families involved. And often times these things occur between two men (usually young lads) with no previous record of violent crime or anything.

What do you reckon?

NM - just realized he's already been charged and convicted and sentenced.

This was in the UK, so I have no idea how UK law works. If this was in USA, I don't see this bloke being guilty of anything aside from perhaps misdemeanor battery.

IMO, he clearly acted in self-defense. The dude had him backed up against a wall, and after the first punch the dude is still coming towards him. He didn't engage in "excessive" violence - he threw two punches - I think a reasonable person in same or similar circumstances would have done the same.

Comment

The young man wasn't a young kid. He's a 31-year-old man.

Comment

Working...
                X