No announcement yet.

GGG vs Jacobs high quality video and round by round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I can't help but think the same. So many people argue by talking about how ineffective Golovkin was, without telling you what Jacobs was doing to actually win rounds. Yeah, Golovkin looked much worse than usual but he still was the more effective fighter.

It was close, but you're not finding 7 fair rounds for Jacobs. Anyone giving him 8 rounds or more is just...what fight are you watching?
    I didn't even think he look worse than normal. This is how I expect him to look when he boxes. He was careful and his shots were short and compact while his jab was on point. I thought he looked really good while being in total control of the fight. The brook fight he looked out of character where he was just swinging for the fence and looked really sloppy.

I couldn't give Jacobs more then 4 rounds and I thought I was being generous to Jacobs too. I'm not sure what he did that flustered or had a major impact on ggg that people gave him credit for. GGG just seem careful of his power and when he got caught he handled it real well.

Good job op I like your breakdown btw. Appreciate the thead.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Crazy how some think GGG is just gonna stand stationary, he does at times but he moves back takes steps forward back when he needs to. Hope the Canelo fight happens thats as interesting clash of styles.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
        Crazy how some think GGG is just gonna stand stationary, he does at times but he moves back takes steps forward back when he needs to. Hope the Canelo fight happens thats as interesting clash of styles.
        Alvarez's hand speed and counterpunching will definitely bother GGG and possibly win him the fight, but I can't help but picture Golovkin keeping him at the end of that jab and maneuvering the slow-footed Canelo where he wants him for most of the fight. Also add in his stamina issues.

Comment

Originally posted by 13777 View Post

Triple cabdriver vs black Glass Joe meticulously analyzed:

Round 1: 12:04 GGG lands a stiff jab. 12:06 DJ lands a jab, GGG tries to reciprocate but misses. 12:20 GGG lands another stiff jab. 12:23 DJ lands a jab to the forehead. 12:32 GGG lands a third good jab, DJ counters with a light jab. 12:38 GGG wins the exchange. 12:43 A light jab on GGG's chin and away. 12:47 DJ's jab can't reach its target but then the punch changes its trajectory, heading to GGG's stomach. GGG turtles up, DJ delivers a bodyshot. 12:58 DJ headbutts GGG's jab. 13:04 DJ lands a good jab. 13:11 DJ's wild swing misses, he's looking like that novice bumlovkin in the fight against the welterweight that lisps like Mike Tyson. 13:14 GGG touches him with a slightly crooked jab. 13:22 DJ's jab is like a black mamba kissing gaylovkin's lips, once you go black you never go back. 13:23 GGG snaps DJ's head back with another stiff jab square in the face, a scary follow-up right hook to the back of DJ's head misses. 13:28 GGG's jab just barely touches between DJ's high guard. 13:30 GGG's jab bounces off DJ's forehead and at 13:32 DJ returns the favour. 13:35 GGG ducks, then throws a monstrous left hook which gets blocked by DJ's high guard just in time. 14:01 DJ lands a good jab. 14:11 DJ attempts to do a WWE clothesline. 14:18 DJ mistakes GGG for Andre Rozier, choosing to hit the glove instead of the wide open face. GGG in stalking mode... at 14:32 and 14:34 he pops his jab into DJ's face to really seal it.

10-9 Golovkin. He clearly out-landed Jacobs and on top of landing more cleanly he also landed the harder shots. I had never noticed GGG loads up too much before, for example at 12:16.

Round 2: 15:48 GGG comes out of the corner with a good clean jab. 16:00-16:06 GGG corners his prey sans killer instinct, decides to do nothing at all. 16:11 Nice dodges then GGG pushes DJ away madly as if "swiggity swooty I'm coming for that booty" was whispered in his ear. 16:43 Looks like how boxers miss in Hajime No Ippo. 17:22 It's not clear whether it touched, love tap? I'll count it for Jacobs. 17:32 Second good clean jab of the round for GGG. Tons of misses now for half a minute. 17:53 DJ finally throws a punch that lands clean to break the missing streak. 17:56 GGG with a stiff jab that snaps DJ's head back. 17:59 DJ lands a beautiful right hand. 18:02 Blocked punch leads to karate chop! 18:22 DJ is not only the miracle man, he's the elusive man too. 18:29 Another stiff jab lands for GGG. 18:33 DJ lands a left hook. 18:38 A stinging Golovkin power-jab paints a funny face. A couple of impressive evasive manoeuvres from triple duck, or in this instance double duck.

10-9 Jacobs, 19-19. GGG landed a handful of good jabs, Jacobs a lot more active and impressed more.

Round 3: 20:01 DJ lands a clean jab. 20:12 Jesus Christ what a powerful good boy jab, watching it in slow-motion it looks as though a big left hook made a serious impact. GGG smelling blood now. 20:32 GGG's jab snaps DJ's head back. 20:34 GGG ducks to avoid the jab, a hard counter-jab slides off DJ's cheek. 20:41 Hard to tell whether the jab landed or if DJ pulled his head back at the last millisecond, I won't count it. 20:56 A hard good boy jab rocks back DJ. 21:07-21:09 DJ lands a couple of hard body shots. 21:10 GGG appears to hit DJ with a flush right hook but after carefully replaying it's for certain that it flew past the mark. 21:19 Second clean jab of the round lands for DJ. 21:37 Yet another hard jab snaps DJ's head back. 21:49 GGG lands another stiff jab. 21:59 DJ eats yet another stiff jab, obviously Sergio Mora punches harder than Lemieux or Golovkin. Glass chin? What glass chin? 22:20 GGG lands a good jab. 22:21 DJ catches GGG with a monster left and a hard right hook, when a clinch disentangles. 22:25 GGG retaliates with a jab.

10-9 Golovkin, 29-28. GGG dominated the round, it was incredibly one-sided. Jacobs caught GGG with a big shot once and landed a few clean punches, but he was mostly inaccurate and eating too much hard leather. I noticed that many people thought Jacobs won rounds 1 and 3 which is bananas, one explanation is that they disregarded Golovkin's power-jabs in favour of Jacobs' flashy imprecise attacks.

Round 4: Skipping this round, it's a 10-8 round because of the knockdown, not much else to add...

10-8 Golovkin, 39-36. In the fourth, GGG was the entertaining animal we hoped to see.

Round 5: 28:06 GGG lands an overhand right. 28:09 A hard body shot drives DJ into the corner post. 28:11 GGG appears to land a right hook to the back of DJ's head, DJ holds on for dear life. 28:23-28:25 Three clean hard successive jabs snap DJ's head back. 28:27 GGG lands a clean jab. 28:30 DJ throws a flurry of punches, lands two. 28:48 A hook from hell makes DJ contort. 28:50 A GGG jab makes DJ's head pop sideways in a weird bad position. 29:16 GGG lands a hard straight. 29:30 DJ lands a clean jab. 29:43 DJ throws a stiff jab that rocks back the good boy. 29:46 GGG lands a love tap. 29:54 DJ's jab seems to land, bad angle, I'll count it. 29:59 GGG lands a clean right hand. 30:05 DJ seems to punch GGG on top of the head, this angle sucks, I'll count it. 30:16 DJ's right grazes GGG's right cheek. 30:19 GGG lands a good clean jab. 30:28 DJ lands a clean right hand.

10-9 Golovkin, 49-45. Jacobs throws flashy flurries, is more active but he very rarely lands cleanly. If throwing more parried/blocked/deflected punches are what wins a boxing match then Jacobs is whooping lil Gina's butt. Golovkin is simply landing the cleaner harder shots.

Round 6: 31:52 Stiff jab snaps DJ's head back. 32:39 DJ quick love tap and away. 32:56 Stiff jab snaps GGG's head back. 33:00 GGG lands a hard straight. 33:04 and 33:15 Stiff jabs snap DJ's head back. 33:18 DJ's left hook slaps GGG's right cheek. 33:23 DJ lands a hard right hook. 33:29 GGG lands two clean jabs in a row. 33:32 DJ delivers a hard body shot. 34:13 GGG's jab snaps DJ's head back. 34:19 GGG lands hard right hand. 34:30 DJ's left hook grazes GGG.

10-9 Golovkin, 59-54. Jacobs is throwing more combos, is more active, but he mainly hits Golovkin's guard and air. DJ has to win all six remaining rounds to edge the fight.
          Great job taking the time to analyze the fight and tell why you scored each round how you did. Even if I disagree with a poster's view on who won a fight or round, I respect them more when they actually give their breakdowns like this telling why they scored how they did.

You gonna breakdown the 2nd half of the fight too?

Comment

Round 7: 28:27 DJ slips the jab and counters with an overhand right which GGG ducks while thinking to himself "I'm not Amir Khan". 28:31 DJ working the body. 28:34 GGG with a clean light jab, the breeze generated by the tap somehow opens up a cut on Gabriel Rosado's face somewhere on the streets of Philadelphia. 28:54 DJ wins the exchange. 28:59 GGG's cross-armed guard absorbs a devastating blow, DJ uppercuts GGG's left shoulder. 29:02 DJ sneaks in a right hand. 29:27 GGG lands a big overhand right, and a left and another right. 29:34 DJ throws a strong combo to back GGG up. 29:36 DJ lands a clean jab. 29:46 DJ lands a clean right hand just as GGG's neck is bending/head is tilting. 29:51 GGG lands a hard right hand. 29:54 GGG lands a left on DJ's right ear, then a big left on DJ's chin. 29:57 DJ fires a ferocious flurry to back GGG up. Round seven is as epic as Carl Froch knocking out 80,000 people in front of George Groves at Wembley Stadium. 30:23 GGG lands a clean jab. 30:39 DJ lands a clean hit. 30:53 GGG lands a clean right hook. 30:57 DJ lands a hard left hand. 31:08 DJ lands a hard left to the back of GGG's head during a clinch.

10-9 Jacobs. Golovkin leading, 68-64. Jacobs not letting GGG dictate the tempo so much, landing enough power shots to offset GGG's lead in clean connects.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

Comment

Working...
              X