Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nigel Benn: "I wish I had Calzaghe's power"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did he say he wished he had Khan's chin too?

Comment

The main punch that comes to mind is that great shot he put Eubank down with. No question it was a good power punch, but then again, he hit Eubank with everything he had after that and never hurt him badly.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        What a myth that is, he was never a decent puncher. I suppose Paulie Malignaggi had 1 punch K.O power before his hand problems too?

Show me an instance of him putting his power on display before his hand problems against somebody that wasn't working full time as janitor. Just one...
        I'm not saying he was a one punch KO fighter, nor was I saying he was a bigger puncher than Benn. Calzaghe almost always managed to at least get the respect of the fighters he was fighting with his power. Did he slap a lot? Yes. But that doesn't mean he didn't have power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud View Post
          The main punch that comes to mind is that great shot he put Eubank down with. No question it was a good power punch, but then again, he hit Eubank with everything he had after that and never hurt him badly.
          Eubank got caught moving backwards, he was up in 2 secs not hurt at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            "I was thinking i wish i had that Joe Calzaghe power" No you wasn't Nigel because Calzaghe wasn't even a Pro boxer at the time.
            What does it matter if Calzaghe was a pro back then or not? Benn is talking about things LOOKING BACK. Knowing what Calzaghe did in his career and to the common opponent named Eubank. Furthermore Boxers talk to each other when cameras aren't on, believe it or not. So Benn coming up with a statement like that, you can be sure he has his reasons. Why else would he talk up Calzaghe's power? He has no reason to lie.

Comment

Eubank got caught moving backwards, he was up in 2 secs not hurt at all.
              Chris Eubank disagrees with you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Nk_rf4aOM#t=31m17s

It is so funny how Calzaghe haters just tell fairy tales over and over again. Benn and Eubank say Calzaghe has big power and some random people on a boxing forum think they know better. Aren't some of you guys embarrassing yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
                What does it matter if Calzaghe was a pro back then or not? Benn is talking about things LOOKING BACK. Knowing what Calzaghe did in his career and to the common opponent named Eubank. Furthermore Boxers talk to each other when cameras aren't on, believe it or not. So Benn coming up with a statement like that, you can be sure he has his reasons. Why else would he talk up Calzaghe's power? He has no reason to lie.
                Common opponent??? That Eubank Calzaghe fought wasn't 50% of the man Benn fought.

Comment

Chris Eubank disagrees with you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Nk_rf4aOM#t=31m17s

It is so funny how Calzaghe haters just tell fairy tales over and over again. Benn and Eubank say Calzaghe has big power and some random people on a boxing forum think they know better. Aren't some of you guys embarrassing yourself?
                  He hit harder than Nigel?
                  Eubank - No

Comment

Common opponent??? That Eubank Calzaghe fought wasn't 50% of the man Benn fought.
                    Again: Listen to what Chris Eubank says: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Nk_rf4aOM#t=31m17s
                    Even if Eubank was past prime, he still can tell how hard his opponents hit. And in this video he says it is a FACT that Calzaghe hits hard. And he even says he knows that cause he tasted his power. So what is the truth? What Benn and Eubank say or what YOU say?

Comment

He was probably embarrassed about getting dropped against Calzaghe. He was well past his best & came down from cruiserweight on just over a weeks notice!

Why wouldn't we know? Most boxers talk a right load of bull**** to save face

He probably thought somebody from the audience threw a wet flannel in his face. Calzaghe had poor power!

Video evidence & hundreds of thousands of witnesses & just about everyone Calzaghe fought>>Drained, shot, senile Eubanks word.

Comment

Working...
                      X