Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: Spence is The Truth, I Couldn't Get Rhythm Going

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alexnation View Post
    I didn't pick Mikey but I was cheering for him. Crawford is A LOT more skillful than Spence. Spence "THE BUM" will be exposed
    You cheerlead much? You sound cheesy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
      Nope. It's used in every sport here in the states,
      fair enuff. didn't know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
        Nope. It's used in every sport here in the states,
        Carl Williams was the 1st truth (me thinks).

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          You cheerlead much? You sound cheesy.
          I am not really into hillbilly humor. care to elaborate?

Comment

• Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
            I thought that the way Errol fought Mikey showed how much respect he had for him. He kept it technical and must have thought better of it than to try and make it a short slugfest. I would like to see Mikey fight Loma next at 140 and see how that goes.
            Loma is not going to go upto 140, the guy is too small for that weight class. 135 is his maximum limit.

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
              Something to be said for that I guess. If you look at the way Duran went at Leonard in their first fight (giving up 3 inches to Leonard and also coming up in weight like Garcia did), then compare to what Mikey did vs Spence, there was a world of difference. Noone ever equated Garcia to Duran, but Duran showed why he was a P4P fighter in that fight - no way he was going to coast to a loss, if he was going to lose it would have been on his shield or to a better performance from Leonard (second fight different as Duran got way out of shape in the 5 months between the two fights and was in no condition for it second time out).

I think if Garcia won a few rounds and made it hard for Spence, and then went out on his shield late fight while showing that he was trying whatever he could to win, then that would be one thing, but to basically just stand there and be outclassed over 12 while celebrating the end of each round with a fist pump that basically said 'survived another one' - then that's another thing.

For sure - a lot of people expected more from Garcia, even if they expected him to lose.
              This. Just because you stayed until the final bell doesnt mean you showed grit, heart, determination, or anything worth commending.

Surviving another round isn't commendable, when you are making no efforts to win.

People would be praising Mikeys efforts, if he gave it an honest effort and ended up getting pulled out by his corner, or went out on his shield.

You dont get props for "daring to be great" then deciding you would actually rather not dare to do anything when the night comes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                140?
                You hate Loma, bro?
                No I like Loma a lot. Maybe Mikey is too big for Loma but I would still give Loma a good chance to win, in fact a very good chance.

Comment

Working...
                X