Freddie Roach likes Spence for Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Roach likes Spence for Pacquiao

philboxing.com/news/story-143008.html

THERE has been a tough threatening twist in the much-awaited world welterweight boxing championship slated in Arlington, Texas on Sunday.
    Errol Spence, taller and stronger, has remained the big favorite close to his defense of the IBF welterweight crown against four-division world champion Mikey Garcia.
    Calm and composed, Spence has suddenly turned fiery, saying he would be out to punish Garcia.
    Spence crying his motto is “Man Out,” declared there would be a one-sided massacre.
    Garcia, quietly trying to conceal his plot and weaponry, has also started sounding out a knockout theme.
    “If I get to hurt him, I’m gonna jump on for a knockout,” Garcia declared in the final championship press conference.
    In his latest declaration, Spence also sounded out a tyrannical warning.
    “I’ m seeking to clean out the whole welterweight division, everybody will get their turn,” he announced.
    Here at home, there has been scant interest on Sunday’s superfight, easily a fight of the year candidate.
    It’s not too late, though. There should be sudden excitement following reports that Manny Pacquiao would be due in Texas Saturday morning (in America) for the evening championship.
    As this developed, trainer Freddie Roach took time to jump onto the Spence bandwagon.
    Roach told BoxingScene.com he sees Spence, with the size and power advantage, ending up the clear winner.
    “I’d love (Manny) Pacquiao to fight the winner next,” Roach said. “What a fight that will be.”
    Roach did not say if he has back-up plans for Garcia, who could spring a shattering surprise with his hard-earned solemn sharpness.

I really hope that pac-spence/mikey winner will happen next.

Comment

Hard earned solemn sharpness? What hell is that? I think Spence will slaughter Mikey and Pacquiao should fight Porter or Thurman but not Spence.

Comment

Working...
      X