Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG says he wants the best at 160 yet he will fight a bum instead of Andrade in june.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
    remember when ggg said he was gonna move up to 168 ....yea me neither
    I remember when he was vs Chavez. It looked like it was going to happen, until, oh yeah, Chavez ruined that. I remember G willing to go to 168 for Froch. I don't hold that against Froch since he was toward the end of his career. He was willing to for Ward, back in their meeting in 2013 I believe and possibly would have if Andre conceded that G was the bigger star, which is what G did to make the other fights at 168. I gave Loeffler **** for the 164 weight but I understand why, since he wanted 50-50 on everything.
    Last edited by AKAcronym; 03-12-2019, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
      Why do you ask questions that I can't answer? That's a question only they can answer. And the Canelo at 155 was always bull****. Canelo could've moved up years ago but decided to campaign at that fake weight class. Canelo, despite what people say, is the same weight is G, even though he decided to keep cutting that weight. There's no reason for Golovkin to cut down to 155 when Canelo would just weight the same as Gennady on fight night. Catchweight fights are supposed to bridge a gap between 2 fighters; they are even enough on weight.
      Well, I asked in general, because he could've fought Lara at 154, Canelo at 155, Ward and Froch at 168. Nobody would be saying anything if he fought 30 cans after that.

Anyway, cheers.

Comment

remember when ggg said he was gonna move up to 168 ....yea me neither
        Then he and his fans have to deal with the criticisms that come his way for staying in a dead division and fighting can after can. Excuses aren't allowed.

I predicted his next fight would be a bum. It's coming. Wait for the announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          Well, I asked in general, because he could've fought Lara at 154, Canelo at 155, Ward and Froch at 168. Nobody would be saying anything if he fought 30 cans after that.

Anyway, cheers.
          When could he have fought Froch at 168?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            Nope. He fought a semi-retired, 154 pounder can in Vanes just the fight before Canelo 2. How many cans are allowed for someone hailed to be a "great" fighter?

He got beat soundly in that 2nd fight and it broke his spirit for sure. If he tried to fight Saunders or someone next he'd get humiliated.

Comment

When he said he would fight him and Chavez at 168, but not Ward. Even before that during his bumfest. Not like the supermiddle wasn't good back then.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                I remember when he was vs Chavez. It looked like it was going to happen, until, oh yeah, Chavez ruined that. I remember G willing to go to 168 for Froch. I don't hold that against Froch since he was toward the end of his career. He was willing to for Ward, back in their meeting in 2013 I believe and possibly would have if Andre conceded that G was the bigger star, which is what G did to make the other fights at 168. I gave Loeffler **** for the 164 weight but I understand why, since he wanted 50-50 on everything.
                Chavez is a bum....froch was retired....ward wanted to get paid ...ggg generates no money....
                And Up to now in his comeback fight is fighting a bum nobody has ever heard of...and still refusing to move up in weight to challange himself

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
                  He got beat soundly in that 2nd fight and it broke his spirit for sure. If he tried to fight Saunders or someone next he'd get humiliated.
                  If he fought Saunders after Lemieux, I have no doubt Saunders would've trounced him. Saunders was highly skilled. Not sure what's left of him now.

Comment

Chavez is a bum....froch was retired....ward wanted to get paid ...ggg generates no money....
                    And Up to now in his comeback fight is fighting a bum nobody has ever heard of...and still refusing to move up in weight to challange himself
                    If he was retired, why offer a retired Froch a fight? Now you see GGG's MO.

Comment

Jr is considered that now. Back then everyone wanted to fight him, including Ward. Froch wasn't quite retired yet but that helps my response to the other guy. GGG wasn't a huge ticket seller but compared to Ward he was. Andre was in no position to be expecting 50-50. Could he ask for it and still get a good percentage? Of course. But it's no debate that during that time, Golovkin was a bigger sell.

Comment

Working...
                      X